Wellness Coordinator, CNIB Lake Joe
- CNIB Lake Joseph Centre
- Muskoka (MacTier, ON)
- Commensurate with experience (plus room & board)
- Job Category
- Healthcare Services and Wellness
- Contract type
Job Title: Wellness Coordinator
Salary: Commensurate with experience
- June 30-July 6, 2019 - Kids Camp
- July 7-13, 2019 - Adult Camp
- July 14-20, 2019 - Adult Camp
- July 28-August 3, 2019 - Kids Camp
- August 11-17, 2019 - Adult Camp
- August 18-21, 2019 - Adult Camp
Location: CNIB Lake Joseph Centre (MacTier, ON)
CNIB Lake Joseph Centre (commonly known as “Lake Joe”) is a fully accessible lakefront residential facility located in the Muskoka region of Ontario, providing a unique blend of recreation, skills training, social interaction, and personal discovery in a safe, inclusive environment. Two hours north of Toronto, Lake Joe stretches over 12.5 acres of waterfront property on the northwest corner of beautiful Lake Joseph. Staff and volunteers provide a wide range of high quality programs to people of all ages who are living with vision loss.
With exceptional guest safety and experience at the forefront, the Wellness Coordinator will collaborate with the Program Manager, Wellness Assistant and contracted catering company to provide care to all guests, with a focus on overall wellness, including special diets. The Wellness Coordinator will work with the Wellness Assistant to ensure smooth running of the Wellness Centre. They will be responsible for healthcare related matters which include, but is not limited to guest wellness (hydration, sun safety), first-aid and/or emergency medical response, maintaining of medical records and notes, as well as provide support with daily living needs.
Essential Duties entail (but not limited to):
- Collaborate and assist the Wellness Assistant in the planning, monitoring and evaluating of all components of the Wellness Centre services area
- Review medical forms and information of clients to ensure necessary supports are in place for their visit
- Support medical directives for program participants and assist with medication administration
- Provide complete first-aid services to all guests, volunteers and staff
- Monitor health (physical, emotional, mental) and well-being of program participants, staff and volunteers
- Contact Emergency Services for transportation to local area hospital, if required
- Organize and maintain a well-kept Wellness Centre
- Inform management when supplies need reordering or replenishing
- Act as liaison between the Lake Joseph Centre and local medical clinics and services
- Assist with staff training sessions as well as attend all required training and meetings
- Be a positive role model for staff, volunteers and guests
- Champion a Culture of Volunteerism by supporting an environment where volunteers are respected and valued members of the team
- Work with the catering company on an on-going basis for changing dietary requirements
- Attend all meals to ensure appropriate dietary meals are getting to the appropriate persons
- Ensure that there are water stations for guests, volunteers and staff outdoors to ensure sun-safety practices
- Assist campers/guests with daily living and minimal personal care
- Share 24-hour on call requirements
- Other duties as assigned
The duties and responsibilities outlined above are indicative of the role, but aren’t exhaustive and may be subject to change as required.
CNIB strives to establish and maintain an inclusive workplace and believes that the diversity of our workforce is an invaluable asset. CNIB is committed to following recruitment and selection practices based on merit, transparency, accessibility and inclusion ensuring that all candidates are given a fair opportunity for employment with CNIB.
To help ensure that this commitment is met, CNIB is committed to working with all candidates that require an accommodation. If you require an accommodation, please state in your cover letter what accommodation you require and CNIB will work with you to meet your needs at every stage of the recruitment and selection process.
We thank all applicants for their interest in CNIB, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.