CLINICAL NURSE SPECIALIST, GERIATRICS
Ontario Shores Centre for Mental Health Sciences (Ontario Shores) is a public hospital that provides inpatient, outpatient and consultation services for people with complex mental illness. Our patients benefit from a recovery-oriented environment of care built on compassion, inspiration and hope. We engage in research, education and advocacy initiatives to advance the mental health care system and are proud to work with partners across the continuum of care. If you thrive on innovation and positive change, and share our vision of Recovering Best Health, Nurturing Hope and Inspiring Discovery, Ontario Shores is the place for you.
CLINICAL NURSE SPECIALIST, GERIATRICS
Number of Vacancies
Internal Contract End Date
Hours of Work
Full-Time (37.5 hours per week) Days/Nights/Evenings/Weekends
Main Site - 700 Gordon Street - Whitby, ON L1N 5S9 CA (Primary)
Ontario Shores, Geriatric Program is currently seeking a Clinical Nurse Specialist. Take advantage of this exciting opportunity for a Masters prepared CNS to work in a busy tertiary care environment that supports the geriatric population. The knowledge and expertise of the Clinical Nurse Specialist at Ontario Shores will be demonstrated in the roles of clinical expert, consultant, leader and researcher. In collaboration with the program leadership team, inter-professional team, the patient and family, the Clinical Nurse Specialist provides clinical practice support to improve patient and clinical outcomes. The CNS demonstrates strong leadership abilities; acts a role model, clinical mentor, patient advocate, facilitator of knowledge translation and a change agent. The CNS will be a member of the Geriatric Program leadership team and will be responsible for initiating and managing projects related to quality patient care.
The Geriatric Program provides specialized geriatric services including assessment, diagnosis and treatment in an environment that is least disruptive to patients to help them achieve their optimal recovery. The program provides interprofessional inpatient and outpatient services from multiple locations within several communities throughout the Central LHIN and Central East LHIN.
Qualifications Required and Preferred
• Masters Degree in Nursing required
• Minimum of five (5) years recent clinical experience in Mental Health preferred
• Currently registered with the College of Nurses of Ontario and a member in good standing required
• Current CPR – Health Care Provider required
• Demonstrated knowledge of College of Nurses of Ontario (CNO) Standards of Practice and commitment to maintaining reflective practice standards as described by the CNO required
- Project management expertise required
- Change management expertise required
• Demonstrated understanding of the Mental Health Act and other relevant legislation
• Implements and models the Recovery philosophy in all aspects of care as a Recovery champion
• Meditech experience preferred
• Superior interpersonal, coaching and leadership skills to facilitate identification and development of staff learning needs
• Member of a Professional Association (RNAO) is preferred
• Canadian Nurses Association Certification in Psychiatric / Mental Health Nursing (CNA / CPMHN (C)) is preferred
• 3 to 5 years recent related clinical experience (advanced practice experience) is considered an asset.
• Demonstrated good attendance
Personal information you provide to Ontario Shores Centre for Mental Health Sciences (Ontario Shores) is collected pursuant to the Public Hospitals Act R.S.O 1990, c. P.40. It will be used for the purpose of determining eligibility for employment. At all times it will be treated in accordance with the provisions of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. If you have questions about the collection of your personal information, contact the Leader, Privacy & Access at 700 Gordon St. Whitby, ON L1N 5S9; 905-430-4055 ext. 6712 or refer to the Privacy & Access pages on the Ontario Shores website. Upon request, individual accommodation can be provided to applicants who meet the required qualifications outlined in the job descriptions, and have been invited for an interview. For questions and concerns, please contact Human Resources at 905.430.4055 ext. 6191.
Ontario Shores Centre for Mental Health Sciences is an Equal Opportunity Employer
More search results
Registered Nurse - Two Openings
Indwell Community Homes
Assistant Manager of Care (Assistant Director of …
Region of Waterloo
County of Bruce
Registered Nurse, Geriatric Mental Health Outreac…
CMHA, Lambton Kent
Wholistic Health & Wellness Mohawk Council of Akwesasne