- Mount Sinai Hospital
- Toronto, ON (University & Elm Street)
- As per ONA collective agreement
- Job Category
- Contract type
In 2015, Bridgepoint Active Healthcare, Circle of Care, Lunenfeld-Tanenbaum Research Institute and Mount Sinai Hospital, came together to form Sinai Health System – and leverage our collective expertise and create a system that better responds to the changing needs of our patients, families and clients. Sinai Health has a bold vision and strategy for the future: To create Canada's leading health system pushing the boundaries to realize the best health and care for complex patients.
A key enabler of this vision is Sinai Health’s People Plan – which provides an explicit commitment to our people about our commitment to creating a workplace culture and environment that is safe, caring, equitable, compassionate and accountable in order to ultimately provide optimal care to patients and their family caregivers.
To support us on our journey, Sinai Health System is looking for a Registered Nurse to support our Intensive Care Unit at Mount Sinai Hospital.
The Intensive Care Unit is an active adult 16-bed critical care unit; we provide exceptional patient and family-centred care for a variety of critically ill medical-surgical, high-risk obstetrical, and oncology patients. Ideally, you have a Critical Care Nursing Certificate and at least one year of recent experience in adult critical care. Qualified candidates may be financially supported by Mount Sinai Hospital through payment of tuition and wages to attend an accredited Critical Care Nursing Certificate course.
- Current certificate of registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- BScN (preferred)
- Current BCLS
- 1 - 2 years recent Adult Medical/Surgical experience
- ACLS certificate
- Successful completion of Critical Care Nursing specialty certificate; consideration may be given to applicants currently enrolled in Critical Care Nursing specialty certificate program.
- 1 - 2 years’ experience in adult critical care nursing (preferred)
- Experience in physical assessment
- Experience in chest tube management
- Experience in arrhythmia interpretations
- Experience in hemodynamic monitoring
- Experience in mechanical ventilation
- Commitment to professional practice and personal development
- Commitment to shared leadership and team based decision making
- Demonstrated excellent critical thinking, decision making and problem solving skills
- Superior interpersonal and communication skills
- Commitment to patient and family centred care
- Demonstrated satisfactory work performance and attendance history
More search results
Manager, Intensive Care and Post Anesthetic Recov…
Nurse Practitioner - full time/permanent
North Peel Family Health Team
Clinical Nurse Specialist – Sexual Health Clinics
The Regional Municipality of York
REGISTERED NURSE (R.N.) - Casual P/T
Hillel Lodge - Ottawa Jewish Home for the Aged
Full-time/Part-time Nurse - Exceptional Opportuni…
Peak Health Ontario