General Duty Nurse – On-call/Supply Position
- Ministry of Education
- $31.09 - $38.33 per hour
- Job Category
- Contract type
The Ministry of Education, W. Ross Macdonald School for the Blind, requires a General Duty Nurse, to provide nursing and emergency health care services to students who are blind, visually impaired, deafblind and with multiple exceptionalities on an on-call/supply basis as needed.
What can I expect to do in this role?
• Assess student conditions;
• Implement medical treatment plans;
• Administer/monitor medications;
• Provide first-aid treatment;
• Maintain health records;
• Provide health care information and resources;
• Work on an on-call as needed basis.
How do I qualify?
• Current registration as a Registered Nurse in Ontario.
Skills and Qualifications:
Your background and experience enables you to meet the following requirements:
• Knowledge of general nursing theory, practices, procedures and College of Nurses of Ontario Standards of Practice;
• Knowledge of relevant legislation, including Regulated Health Professions Act and Health Care Consent Act;
• Sound judgement/organization/planning skills;
• Communication and interpersonal skills to communicate effectively and resolve conflict;
• Ability to communicate effectively with staff and students in a diverse environment;
• Ability to work independently and in a multi-disciplinary team;
• Knowledge of students with special needs;
• Ability to lift while transferring/assisting students;
• Ability to work shift work.
Salary Range: $31.09 - $38.33 per hour
- 1 Temporary - Irregular On-Call, duration up to 4 months, 350 Brant Ave, Brantford, West Region, Vulnerable Sector Check
- In accordance with the Ontario Public Service (OPS), Employment Screening Checks Policy (ESCP), the top candidate(s) may be required to undergo a security screening check. Refer to the above to determine the screening checks that are required for this position.
You will be responsible for obtaining the criminal record check at your own expense and provide it, along with your written consent, to the Transition and Security Office (TSO), Talent Acquisition Branch (TAB), HR Service Delivery Division (HRSDD) to evaluate the results. If applicable, the TSO, with your written consent, will request and obtain any additional employment screening checks that were not obtained directly by you. (Note: If a Vulnerable Sector Screening Check is required, it must also be obtained in person at your local police service).
A record under the Criminal Code and/or other federal offence record(s) does not automatically mean you will be ineligible for the position. The employment screening check(s) will only be reviewed and evaluated by the TSO for the purpose of making a security clearance decision. The details of an individual's employment screening check(s) will be considered in specific relation to the duties and responsibilities of the position being filled. Employment screening check records will be maintained by the TSO and kept strictly confidential.
Please submit your cover letter and resume in one document (not exceeding five pages), clearly identifying Job ID 133892, by no later than 11:59 p.m. on Monday, April 1, 2019, to: PSBjobs@ontario.ca. Late applications will not be accepted.
If you require accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please contact us at www.gojobs.gov.on.ca/ContactUs.aspx to provide your contact information. Recruitment Services staff will contact you within 48 hours. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Ontario Public Service is an inclusive employer. Accommodation will be provided in accordance with Ontario’s Human Rights Code.
More search results
Mental Health Clinical Coordinator
Cambridge Memorial Hospital
Patient Care Manager, Medical/Surgical/Therapy In…
Perth & Smiths Falls District Hospital
Public Health Nurse
Northwestern Health Unit - 262774
Nurse - Organ and Tissue Donation Coordinator - O…
TRILLIUM GIFT OF LIFE NETWORK - 313235
Registered Nurse - Three Openings
Indwell Community Homes