Lead Facilitator for The MOREOB and MOREEX Programs
Salus Global Corporation is seeking a dynamic, engaging healthcare professional with a passion for patient safety to join our team as a Lead Facilitator for our MOREOB and MOREEX Programs. This position will service hospitals located in the Greater Toronto Area and other Ontario regions, with the possibility of supporting some hospitals in other provinces. A moderate amount of travel is required.
The successful candidate will have experience in two capacities: a minimum of 8 years’ experience as a frontline healthcare provider, and a minimum of 2 years’ experience in a managerial or leadership role within a hospital setting. Perinatal clinical experience is an asset. A genuine desire to help interprofessional healthcare teams build and sustain a culture of safety is essential. Experience with the MOREOB Program as a participant or Core Team member is an asset.
About Salus Global
Salus Global is a specialty consulting and implementation firm that helps healthcare organizations improve performance and quality outcomes through increased interprofessional collaboration. Our blend of tailored solutions, hands-on support, extensive healthcare experience and leading-edge research makes Salus Global uniquely qualified to lead interprofessional healthcare teams to work better together, resulting in better clinical, economic and operational outcomes.
Salus Global’s flagship program, MOREOB, is a multi-year, comprehensive patient safety and performance improvement program for interprofessional obstetrical teams. MOREOB builds and sustains a culture of safety by developing a common base of knowledge, skills, behaviours and practices across the team, fostering a lasting culture where safety is the number one priority, and everyone’s responsibility, all of the time.
Delivered in over 300 hospitals and to more than 16,000 participants, the results of the MOREOB Program are a significant reduction in adverse events, a measurable reduction in costs, and improved teamwork and communication across all disciplines.
Salus Global’s MOREEX Program is built on the same principles as MOREOB and helps interprofessional teams build and sustain cultures of patient safety and quality improvement in clinical areas outside of obstetrics.
The Lead Facilitator
The Lead Facilitator plays a vital role in the successful implementation of the MOREOB and MOREEX Program among frontline teams and leadership teams within our client hospitals. Responsibilities include:
Needs Assessment and Goal Setting
- Engaging hospital leadership teams to identify organization-wide goals and define expected outcomes and measures of success for the Program
- Engaging frontline healthcare teams to define goals, desired outcomes and measures of success, and helping ensure alignment of these goals and desired outcomes with the leadership teams
- Interpreting the aligned goals and expected outcomes and tailoring the MOREOB or MOREEX Program, to meet client needs
- Partnering with interprofessional frontline teams to implement the program and drive success, evaluating their progress and suggesting strategies to reach their objectives
- Expert facilitation of the Program and other learning and team initiatives such as workshops and simulations
- Assessing / diagnosing underlying issues that present risk to the team’s long-term success relative to their defined goals and objectives, and providing guidance and support in addressing the issues
- Active support and mentorship of healthcare teams in all aspects of the Program
- Facilitating networking and collaboration among participants and communities of practice to strengthen cultures of safety
- Supporting collaborative relationships with program participants and senior hospital leadership
- Serving as a trusted advisor in identifying opportunities to bring greater team effectiveness and patient safety solutions to other clinical areas within the hospital
The successful candidate will bring the following skills, experience and traits to the role:
- University degree in Health Sciences or related field; Master’s degree in healthcare, business or Health Administration an asset;
- 8+ years’ experience as a healthcare practitioner
- Perinatal clinical experience an asset
- Managerial experience preferred, with prior experience in risk/quality and/or educator roles such as Nurse Manager, Professional Practice / Clinical Educator, Organizational Development Lead, etc.
- Strong understanding of hospital dynamics within the clinical environment and hospital administration
- Excellent communication, presentation and facilitation skills; experience in quality improvement initiatives and leading change initiatives are an asset
- Ability to assess interprofessional team dynamics and coaching to maximize team health
- A solid understanding and genuine interest in patient safety, quality improvement and risk assessment
- An ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Sound computer skills and ability to assist program participants with online program access and navigation
- Flexibility and willingness to travel is essential
If you are interested in being considered for this position, please submit your resume and cover letter to the attention of Human Resources, by emailing email@example.com by March 31, 2019.
Salus Global welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Thank you for your interest in joining Salus Global. Applicants selected for an interview will be contacted directly.