FT Registered Nurse - Resource Float
JOB TITLE: FULL-TIME REGISTERED NURSE – RESOURCE FLOAT (2 Required)
JOB REF NO: 15-2019
SITE: LAVERENDRYE GENERAL HOSPITAL
UNION / NON: ONA
* Eligible for the Canada Student Loan Forgiveness program. You could receive up to $20,000 in Canada Student Loan forgiveness over a maximum of five years ($4,000 per year) *
As a Resource Float nurse you will perform a full range of professional nursing duties on a variety of patient care units. You may be reassigned during the duration of your shift to the area with the predominate need.
- Graduate of a diploma/degree program in Nursing and currently certified with the College of Nurses of Ontario;
- For speciality areas, completion of a recognized post-basic course in the applicable clinical area or at least one year’s satisfactory clinical experience;
- Three (3) years recent experience Nursing
- Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS)
- Trauma Nursing Core Course (TNCC)
- Canadian Triage and Acuity Scale (CTAS)
- Neonatal Resuscitation Program
- Obstetrical & Fetal Health Surveillance in Labour education and experience acceptable to the Organization
- Completion of recognized ICU program acceptable to the Organization
- Certification in Emergency Nursing through CNA, preferred
- Completion of Emergency Nursing program, Preferred
- Willingness to participate in moreOB
- Possess effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrate critical thinking, leadership, and mentoring skills
- Experience working with Geriatric patients with complex medical needs, preferred
- Exhibits the ability and competence to work with computer systems and applications
- Dependable, competent and with mental and physical health sufficient to meet the demands of the position;
- Demonstration of strong nursing practice, skill and judgement
- Willing to work flexible hours, including days, evening, nights, weekends, and holidays
- Retains a reliable attendance record
- Performs according to the Standards of Nursing Practice set out by the College of Nurses of Ontario and in compliance with the policies, procedures and standards of Riverside Health Care Facilities.
- Accepts clinical responsibility and professional accountability for the care delivered to assigned patients.
- Functions as a staff nurse or team leader.
- Delegate, supervise, and evaluate patient care of the RPN’s and HCA’s as applicable.
- Participates as a member of the interdisciplinary health care team, fulfilling responsibilities as a member of the nursing discipline.
- Carry out all work assignments safely and be knowledgeable or and in compliance with relevant regulations, policies and procedures
- Exercises behaviour consistent with Riverside Health Care’s Code of conduct
- Demonstrates Riverside Health Care’s Core Values: Integrity, Respect, Excellence, and Growth.
- Complies with the Code of Ethics for Registered Nurses (Canadian Nurses Association) and The Ethical Framework for Nurses in Ontario (College of Nurses of Ontario).
More search results
Registered Nurse, Operating Room
Royal Victoria Regional Health Centre
Clinical Educator - Evidence-Based Practice and P…
Runnymede Healthcare Centre - 354108
Manager Nursing, Perioperative Services
Registered Nurse – Operating Room
Hamilton Health Sciences (HHS)