Clinical Manager - NP STAT
Position: Clinic Manager - NP STAT
Status: Full Time
Dept: Primary Care, Palliative care, Rehab, CCC & Seniors’ Services
Hours of work: Monday to Friday; flexibility required for hours of work
Site: Travel among sites and within MH LHIN region required
Reporting to the Program Director, Primary Care, Palliative Care, Rehabilitation, Complex Continuing Care, and Seniors’ Services, and with accountability to the Program Chief and Medical Director of the Program, the Clinic Manager, NP STAT is an integral member of the Program’s leadership team. The Nurse Practitioners Supporting Teams Averting Transfers (NP STAT) Program at Trillium Health Partners will work closely with the Nurse Practitioner team and all Long Term Care Homes in the Mississauga Halton region to ensure the provision of excellent quality service and support to LTC Homes to manage complex and emerging health support needs of residents in order to maintain health and avoid unnecessary hospital visits and admissions. The Clinic Manager will maintain strong working relationships and engage in a strategic capacity with key partners across the Health Care System including Hospitals, Community Outreach Programs, CCAC, MH LHIN and MOH LTC. In the clinical practice realm, the Clinic Manager has an integral role in supporting the professional practice development needs of the Nurse Practitioners in the team, and also provides consultative services and clinical advice to the NPs as required.
The successful candidate is a dynamic leader and an expert clinician who has demonstrated a history of achieving results; is able to successfully lead a diverse, high performing team to achieve excellence; and is able to think critically and strategically in a complex and fast paced environment. Effective day to day management of the program is essential, and includes but is not limited to: program operations, human resource management, ongoing quality improvement, and regular effective contact and interactions with external partners and stakeholders. The successful candidate will also consistently demonstrate Trillium Health Partners values of compassion, excellence and courage in leading the teams towards the growth of the service and the delivery of an exceptional experience for the LTC homes and its residents/families. Regular travel between LTC homes, Hospital sites, and LHIN offices will be required.
Reporting to the Program Director Primary Care Rehab, Complex Continuing Care and Seniors’ Health you will be responsible for the management and leadership of a team of Nurse Practitioners who provide acute episodic care to Long Term Care Residents in the MH LHIN. Regular travel between the Credit Valley Hospital, Mississauga and Queensway sites will be required.
- Baccalaureate degree, Master’s preferred
- Current Certificate of Competence from the College of Nurses of Ontario or Regulated Health Professional
- Current RN (EC) Nurse Practitioner certification required
- Excellent communication, leadership and problem solving skills
- 5 years previous leadership experience
- 3+ years LTC and/or Hospital experience required
- Proven ability to establish positive relationships, team building
- Ability to be flexible and adapt to the challenge of a busy environment.
- Management of inter-professional teams
- Track record of innovative, challenging and successful achievements
- Proven success in implementation of program strategic goals including quality indicators and volume targets
- Experience with budget management
- Effective team building skills, analytical and problem solving skills
- Emotional intelligence and strong communication skills are essential
- Ability to create a vision for the development of comprehensive programs related to the various services provided now and in the future.
- Provide support to a patient family centered environment
- Valid drivers’ license with a clean driving record and a vehicle required.
Human Resource Management:
- plan recruitment, training, education and ongoing competency
- mentor and develop staff for career growth and succession
- provide timely and active communication with staff
- approve staff operational and vacation schedules and payroll
Leadership and Organizational Support:
- participate in Program strategic and operational planning
- provide expertise to programs, committees, best practice initiatives and healthcare professional & patient education
- remain current with technical advancement & network with peers for benchmarking, best practice and, problem-solving
- manage care processes that enable each team member to deliver high quality care and achieve excellence in professional practice ensuring compliance with regulatory standards
- develop, plan and implement innovative and efficient ideas that enhance service delivery and cost effectiveness
- provide accessible and flexible leadership in fast paced setting
Technical and Clinical Management:
- guide development of and approve policies, processes and procedures
- manage equipment maintenance programs
- manage budget and analyze variances
- plan for capital equipment purchase and replacement
- manage inventory management system
Patient and Staff Safety and Quality Risk Management:
- develop/implement quality activities to maximize service and minimize patient risk
- review and analyze data for trends, coordinate quality improvement initiatives and, guide corrective actions responsible for providing a safe working environment for staff and supporting safety initiatives in collaboration with the Occupational Health and Safety department
More search results
Administrator/ Director of Care
Six Nations Elected Council
Clinical Leader, Inpatient
Registered Nurse – Hepatitis C
Parkdale Queen West Community Health Centre
Registered Nurse - Relocate to BC!
Hospice Residence, Director of Care
Better Living Health and Community Services