JOB POSTING: NURSE MANAGER
POSITION(S) AVAILABLE: PERMANAET FULL TIME DAY SHIFT (7AM – 3PM)
PERMANENT PART-TIME EVENING SHIFT (3PM – 11PM)
PERMANENT PART-TIME NIGHT SHIFT (11PM – 7AM)
REQUIRED: ALTERNATE WEEKEND AVAILABILITY
The Nurse Manager oversees the provision of nursing services provided by registered and personal support worker staff. The position coordinates unit care with other services and departments, conducting CQI activities and acts as the facility manager for off shifts.
- Act as Facility Manager off-shift hours
- Directs, plans, organizes, supervises, coordinates controls and evaluates the Nursing Services
- Health promotion and disease prevention
- Assists in the management of Infection Control, Skin Care, Staff Education and other specialized resources as assigned by DOC.
- Supports Residents’ choices by using nursing process to maintain residents’ independence in activities of daily living and life decisions.
- Collects, inputs and analyses CQI data as assigned by Director of Care or delegate, providing suggestions for improvement.
- Performs CQI audits
- Acts as Committee Chair as assigned by Director of Care or delegate.
- Participates in the Accreditation process as an active team member or team leader.
- Fire responsibility acts in place of Senior Management (In charge) during off hours
- Understands role and responsibility related to Fire Plan and Emergency Plan.
- Ensures assigned care plans and assessments are current and in the Point Click Care system, dispenses medicine and completes treatments
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES
- Current Registered Nurse Certificate of Competence for Ontario
- At least three years’ experience in long term care.
- Baccalaureate preparation in a related discipline or field is preferred.
- Intermediate level in computer skills for Word Processing and Excel and Microsoft Office
- Knowledge and understanding of the ADP Client Bill of Rights
- Ability to demonstrate behaviours that support the values of Unionville Home Society
Interested candidates should submit their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Closing date for application is February 15, 2019. Only candidates that are to be interviewed will be contacted.
Unionville Home Society is committed to diversity in the workplace and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. Please notify email@example.com should you require accommodation for disabilities throughout the recruitment process.
New Unionville Home Society (NUHS) is a not-for-profit charitable organization located in Unionville that has provided leadership in service to seniors since 1967. On a 19-acre campus, New Unionville Home Society and its affiliate corporations operates a long-term care home, seniors’ rental housing, a community center and a life-lease building. In addition, it provides community support services such as adult day programs and geriatric assessment services. The campus of care is a vibrant environment and our vision is to develop a progressive community where older adults thrive; aging well and living better.
More search results
Full-time/Part-time Nurse - Exceptional Opportuni…
Peak Health Ontario
Complex Care Coordinator - Huron/Perth Float
South West Local Health Integration Network
Registered Nurse - 1.0 FTE 12-15 month contract
Sanctuary Health Clinic
Manager - 4 Central Medicine
Scarborough Health Network
Research Coordinator II Multiple Sclerosis Resear…
St. Michael's Hospital - 233394