Endoscopy Nurse Manager
We are looking for a nurse with endoscopy experience to work at our facility that specializes in colonoscopy and gastroscopy procedures. We have a vacancy for the Nurse Manager role. Hours are typically 7:30 am to 5:30 pm on average. The manager role would require shifts 4 to 5 days per week.
For more information about the clinic please visit www.vaughanendoscopy.com
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES :
- As manager, be involved in hiring, orientation, and scheduling of the nursing staff. Evaluate performance of nursing team and provide feedback.
- Make the monthly endoscopy schedule based on Gastroenterologist availability
- Coordinate the set up of the clinic as it relates to medical supplies, ordering, and inventory maintenance.
- Help with the development of Standard Operating Procedures for the clinic
- Anticipate and proactively deal with issues to help operate the clinic effectively.
- Assess patients, assist the physician in diagnostic and therapeutic endoscopy procedures, and provide complex nursing care for patients.
- Use clinical judgment in the assessment, treatment and discharge of patients from the VEC, including anticipating patient requirements during the procedure and while in recovery.
- Act quickly in emergent situations, intervening in the course of care to ensure a high quality patient care outcome.
- Effective operation of all items and matters related to the endoscopic procedure and process. This includes all physical endoscopy and recovery area supplies.
- Report to Medical Director. Communicate all significant issues to the VEC Executive and the Business Manager
- Graduate from a Bachelor of Science in Nursing
- Must be registered with the Ontario College of Nurses.
- Must have current ACLS
- Recent previous experience in Gastroenterology and endoscopy procedure room skills
- Experience working with IV conscious sedation preferred.
- Minimum 4 years current acute medical/surgical nursing experience.
- Management experience preferred.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Demonstrated knowledge and skill working with computer technology.
- Demonstrated ability to function independently and within a team environment
- Strong leadership, communication and decision making skills required.
- Demonstrated strong organizational and interpersonal skills required.
- Advanced nursing assessment skills, including physical examination.
- Ability to handle difficult situations in a professional manner.
- Able to work in a fast paced environment, complete tasks accurately in a timely manner.
More search results
REGISTERED NURSE (R.N.) - Casual P/T
Hillel Lodge - Ottawa Jewish Home for the Aged
Full-time/Part-time Nurse - Exceptional Opportuni…
Peak Health Ontario
Complex Care Coordinator - Huron/Perth Float
South West Local Health Integration Network
Registered Nurse - 1.0 FTE 12-15 month contract
Sanctuary Health Clinic
Manager - 4 Central Medicine
Scarborough Health Network