Nursing Quality Improvement and Safety Advisor
Location: Clinical Health Services
Position: Nursing Quality Improvement and Safety Advisor
At the Region of Halton, we treat everyone with respect, honesty, fairness and trust. As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to establishing a qualified workforce that is reflective of the diverse population we serve. The Region of Halton is committed to providing accommodations throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodation, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
This is a permanent full time position working 35 hours per week.
Reporting to the Manager of Immunization Services, this position will provide nursing clinical practice leadership and lead the design, development and implementation of a quality improvement program for the Immunization Program/Clinical Health Services Division, through the integration of expert and specialized knowledge of Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI) and Risk Management. The successful candidate will serve as a champion and expert in CQI and Quality Assurance (QA) and in implementing knowledge translation strategies to ensure that the Immunization Program/Clinical Health Services Division effectively utilize quality improvement approaches, methodologies and tools to achieve identified outcomes.
The successful candidate will be a Masters prepared nurse having membership with the College of Nurses of Ontario in good standing, with a minimum of six (6) years nursing experience and three to five (3 – 5) years’ experience working in the healthcare sector. Certification in Quality Improvement and/or Knowledge Translation, and experience in a public health environment are preferred. Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification is considered a strong asset. An equivalent amount of education and experience will be considered.
The successful candidate will be made an offer of employment on condition that the Regional Municipality of Halton receives a current (obtained within the past six (6) months), original and acceptable Criminal Record Check, including a Vulnerable Sector Screen by the first day of employment. Flexibility in working hours is required as there may be periodic meetings and functions outside of regular business hours. Periodic travel within Halton and Ontario is required and incumbent must supply their own transportation.
- Providing expertise and advice in the design and planning of CQI/QA projects, including:
- ensuring use of evidence and data to drive improvement results
- supporting consistent evaluation and analysis of project outcomes
- preparing reports and related documents
- Conducting regular internal reviews/audits to ensure compliance with internal and external requirements.
- Assessing and monitoring risk (e.g. client safety), developing and implementing risk management strategies, Conducting patient safety incident analysis.
- Developing and maintaining policies and procedures for the Program/Division.
- Developing and presenting/facilitating in-service education.
- Participating on various committees as required.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
Posting Expires: February 15, 2019
Posting #: H-43-19
Halton Region contacts applicants via email and/or phone. Please ensure the contact information provided on your resume is up to date and that you check your email and voicemail regularly.
Apply Online at: Halton Job Postings
NOTE: Personal information collected through the job application process will only be used for the purpose of determining qualifications for employment.