Palliative Care Consultant - Established Part Time (30 hrs/wk)
Acclaim Health announces the availability of one (1) Established Part Time Palliative Care Consultant position (equivalent to 30 hours per week) working in the Brampton, Bolton, Caledon, Malton, Dufferin area with the Palliative Care Consultation Program. This position will require flexible hours including evenings and weekends when facilitating educational courses and attending conferences. It also will require a home office.
- Offer palliative care education, consultation, mentorship, and links to appropriate resources for front line staff across the continuum of care
- Deliver case-based consultation, education, training and mentorship to front line service providers supporting a palliative care approach in a variety of care settings including Long Term Care Homes, Hospitals, Community Nursing and Support Agencies, Hospices, Supportive Housing, Day Programs and other organizations.
- Facilitate palliative care courses, seminars and other education opportunities using principles of adult education.
- Provide leadership to local Palliative Care Teams through participation at biweekly Team rounds, providing linkages to other organizations and supports as needed.
- Assist service providers in the application of “A Model to Guide Hospice Palliative Care” using assessment tools and best practice guidelines.
- Baccalaureate in Nursing preferred
- Canadian Nurses Association certification in Hospice Palliative Care
- Member in good standing with the College of Nurses
- Membership with Hospice Palliative Care Ontario preferred
- Membership with RNAO preferred
- Minimum five (5) years’ experience in palliative care
- Demonstrated experience teaching using the principles of effective adult learning education
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation and communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work independently
- Proficient time management and effective teamwork skills
- Excellent critical thinking skills
- Ability to successfully interface with all levels of healthcare professionals
- Valid Ontario driver’s license with own vehicle for transportation
- Excellent MS Office Suite skills (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
Qualified individuals may apply on our website: https://www.acclaimhealth.ca/work-with-us/job-postings/
Please note - only those applicants selected for interview will be contacted.
Acclaim Health is an equal opportunity employer.
Should you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please inform Human Resources so we can ensure your equal participation in this process.
More search results
Manager, Patient Care Services
Kirkland District Hospital
Guideline Development Methodologist
Registered Nurses' Association of Ontario (RNAO)
Registered Nurse / Registered Practical Nurse
Professional Practice Educator (RN) - PERIOPERATI…
Joseph Brant Hospital
Clinical Auditor and Practice Consultant
South West Local Health Integration Network