We currently have an exciting opportunity for a regular full-time Registered Nurse in the Schulich Heart Centre: Gilbert CICU (Cardiac Intensive Care Unit) located at our Bayview Campus.
Summary of Duties
You will be responsible for the primary care of cardiovascular patients that require intensive care. Your main functions as an RN include, but are not limited to: assessment, intervention, patient education and patient advocacy. You will support the Philosophy of Patient-Centered Care concept and principles and the Mission, Vision and Values of Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre. You will also works closely with members of the interprofessional health care team.
- Current registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Current BCLS Certificate required; ACLS preferred
- Baccalaureate Degree in Nursing
- Coronary Care Course I & II required
- Critical Care Course Certificate required
- One year recent ICU experience required
- One year recent experience in the care of patients post PCI and EP procedures
- Arrhythmia Interpretation required
- Experience with venipuncture required
- Demonstrates excellence and effective ability in: interpersonal relationships, oral and written communication skills, organization skills, priority setting skills, problem solving, decision making, facilitating team work, and conflict resolution
- Ability to integrate and apply critical thinking skills to patient care
- Demonstrates knowledge and understanding in person- centred care approach and principles
- Ability to adapt to a fast-changing and stressful environment in a positive manner
- Demonstrates commitment to continuing education within the past two (2) years with emphasis placed on courses/conferences related to Cardiology/Cardiovascular
- Demonstrates commitment to organizational initiatives and quality improvement projects
- Ability to function independently and as a part of the multidisciplinary
Qualified candidates are invited to apply via https://sunnybrook.ca/employment/position.asp?c=7&id=5536&page=34014
To learn more about Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre, visit us online at www.sunnybrook.ca.
At Sunnybrook, it’s about more than delivering quality patient care, pioneering non-invasive medicine, or exceeding all expectations for customer service excellence. It’s about having the opportunity to be more challenged, more engaged, more fulfilled as a professional and as an individual, recognized for your personal contributions to the future of Sunnybrook and of cutting-edge health care. As one of Canada’s premier academic health sciences centres, we impact the lives of one million patients every year who count on us when it matters most. And, as one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers, we have a vibrant culture where all members of our team are encouraged to continue to learn and grow, to achieve more, to be more innovative and go the extra mile in their day-to-day encounters with patients, families and each other.
Sunnybrook is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please indicate this in your cover letter.
Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre is strongly committed to inclusion and diversity within its community and welcomes all applicants including but not limited to: visible minorities, all religions and ethnicities, persons with disabilities, LGBTQ persons, and all others who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas.