Bilingual Registered Nurse – Seniors Outreach - Casual hours
- Carlington Community Health Centre
- Ottawa Ontario
- $32.42 – 38.14 per hour + 4% vacation pay
- RNSO PHC-23AO
- Job Category
- Contract type
Under the direction of the Primary Health Care (PHC) Program Director, and as a member of the PHC Team, the Registered Nurse – Primary Care Outreach to Seniors works collaboratively with the Seniors Outreach team to provide geriatric assessments and the provision of direct clinical service in the home and or community; health promotion activities such as group education advocacy; and case management. The incumbent works with a variety of community and internal partners, especially the PHC and Health Promotion and Counselling Teams.
- Undergraduate degree in nursing from a recognized university or combination of nursing diploma and additional relevant courses/training.
- Certificate of competence from the College of Nurses of Ontario.
- Additional training and experience working with seniors as well as other areas relevant to the Centre’s services.
- Three to five years nursing experience in a community setting or combination of community and hospital or public health settings; experience in a primary care setting, an asset.
- Thorough knowledge and proficiency in current nursing physical assessment and treatment methods.
- Experience in program development, implementation, monitoring and evaluation.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a multidisciplinary environment.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision in a high stress environment.
- Interest and attitude in community based programming and service delivery.
- Sensitivity to the needs of the disadvantaged; experience serving multicultural groups.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency in the use of computers and various software applications.
- Valid driver’s license, insurance and regular access to a vehicle for client transportation.
- In addition to fluency in English required and under Carlington’s designation to provide French Language Services, this position requires the following proficiency in the French language:
- French Oral Expression: Advanced +;
- French Oral Comprehension: Advanced +;
- French Reading: Intermediate
Send your resume and cover letter quoting reference “RNSO PHC-23AO”. Deadline for applications is 12:45 pm Thursday February 14, 2019. Email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org (in MS Word or PDF format, with name and reference # in the subject header); or mail or drop off to: Carlington CHC, 900 Merivale Rd. Ottawa, ON K1Z 5Z8.
We thank all applicants but regret that we can only contact those invited for an interview. Applications will be reviewed as we receive them and we may begin to contact candidates of interest before the due date.
If at any stage in the selection process you require an accommodation, please let us know the nature of the required accommodation.
Carlington Community Health Centre is an equal opportunity employer who values the diversity of individuals in our programs and services.