The Prince Edward Family Health Team (PEFHT) is seeking a Registered Nurse (RN) to join our progressive team serving the residents of Prince Edward County.
The PEFHT provides a single point of access to health care services for County residents. Our interdisciplinary team offers comprehensive patient-centred, primary health care including diagnosis, treatment and management, prevention and cure, rehabilitation, palliative care and community health promotion.
As a member of our multidisciplinary team, this RN provides a variety of coordination and nursing services for PEFHT clinics, primarily PEFHT’s Coordinated Care Program (CCP), as well as Cardiac Rehab and Memory Clinic.
The Registered Nurse:
- Provides initial comprehensive health assessments including needs/barrier identification for fragile referred patients; works with the primary care physician to support a plan for care management; coordinates the care plan with partner organizations and family physicians/nurse practitioners;
- May be required to perform home visits to complete certain nursing specific tasks with patients in accordance with a patient’s care plan;
- May act in a coordinating fashion as needed to ensure care coverage is facilitated across a patient group;
- Acts as a liaison between hospitals, primary care providers, specialists and community resources on behalf of patients to ensure patient-centered coordination of care;
- Forges and nurtures partnerships with local service organizations to broaden support services for patients;
- Conducts patient, client and family education as it relates to lifestyle change to enable effective self-care and optimum cardio-vascular health;
- Assesses cardiovascular status and clinical symptoms;
- Designs, develops, implements and evaluates education, care and treatment approaches at a patient and program level;
- May provide group education and information sessions within the community to facilitate and support the best possible health for patients and County residents, based on principles of adult education;
- Participates in team development by sharing knowledge of current best practices;
- Communicates effectively with healthcare team members to create an effective cohesive team and seamless service to the patient;
- May be required to act as coverage for other team members of same professional designation from time to time when staffing needs require; and
- Is guided by the standards and guidelines of the College of Nurses of Ontario and the Registered Nurses Assoc. of Ontario in everyday work.
- Minimum of 3-5 years experience providing clinical services in a primary care or outpatient setting; RN/BScN with current registration with College of Nurses of Ontario, membership with RNAO;
- Ability to effectively provide clinical care to socially and medically complex patients in a variety of non-traditional settings; experience in chronic disease management, geriatric care and rural environments is preferred;
- Additional specialty certification, training or experience in geriatrics, complex care, cardio-vascular health or related areas preferred;
- Demonstrated commitment to continuous education and quality improvement initiatives;
- Demonstrated knowledge, skill & expertise in best practice patterns and translating them into clinical practice;
- Excellent verbal and written communication, facilitation and interpersonal skills; experience with teaching and knowledge of adult education principles;
- Knowledge of health care facilities and community health services, social agencies etc.;
- Demonstrated ability to work independently as well as collaboratively within a multidisciplinary team, and within a brisk work setting;
- Proficient with electronic medical records and standard office software;
- Willingness to obtain police record check; and,
- Basic CPR certification and current Ontario Driver's License.
For more information about our team, please see our website at www.pefht.ca.
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com. Closing: January 25, 2019.
PEFHT is a HOOPP employer.