The Prince Edward Family Health Team (PEFHT) is seeking a Nurse Practitioner (NP) to join our team on a
1-year temporary contract basis serving the residents of Prince Edward County.
The PEFHT provides a single point of access to health care services for all County residents. Our interdisciplinary care team offers comprehensive patient-centred, primary health care including disease diagnosis, treatment and management, prevention and cure, rehabilitation, palliative care and community health promotion.
The NP role has been developed over the past 10+ years by the NPs and their collaborative partners within the PEFHT. NPs engage in autonomous decision making and authority within their scope and shared decision-making when it is beyond the NP Scope of Practice. NP clients include individuals, families and the community as a whole. NPs provide safe, effective and ethical care.
Within the context of a client-centred care model and working within a multidisciplinary team, the NP will:
- provide shared care for their patients along with their physician partners;
- assess, investigate, diagnose and treat patients across the lifespan, utilizing critical thinking and evidence-based medicine and nursing as a guide to practice;
- make referrals independently to physician specialists as per CNO Standards of Practice;
- provide expert coaching, guidance, and counseling - e.g. patient education, supportive counseling, options counseling, grief counseling, CBT if qualified;
- obtain and maintain QHC Hospital privileges to facilitate continuity of care and have the authority to order hospital-based tests within their scope of practice;
- monitor patients EMR for test results and consultants notes;
- provide service encounter statistics to MOHLTC as requested by the NPAR Program;
- consult with multidisciplinary team members, physicians and other health care professionals to achieve excellence in client-centred care.
- lead or participate in PEFHT patient-centred programs, e.g. Collaborative Care Program and Hospital@Home, which require home visits, assessment, and working collaboratively with multiple community agencies.
- BScN (MScN an asset)
- Registration in the Extended Class with the CNO
- Member of RNAO or NPAO and carry liability insurance
- Excellent verbal and written communication, facilitation and interpersonal skills; ability to build and nurture positive working relationships both within and outside of the PEFHT.
- Knowledge of health care facilities and community health services, social agencies etc.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently as well as collaboratively within a multidisciplinary team, and within a brisk work setting.
- Proficient with electronic medical records and standard office software.
- Valid driver’s license, access to a reliable vehicle, willingness to provide home visits.
- Willingness to obtain a Vulnerable Sector Check.
PEFHT is a HOOPP employer.