Clinical Educator (CE)—Nursing & PSW (Full-time 1 year Contract)
Creating opportunities for more independence; it’s what people in the community rely on us for and what VHA Home HealthCare (VHA) has offered for over 90 years. With over 2,700 health care professionals serving clients in seven Local Health Integration Networks (LHINs) in the GTA, London, Ottawa and Durham. VHA’s Client & Family Centered Care community based approach provides nursing, rehabilitation, personal support and home support services. Our caring, professional team offers spectacular care to Ontario seniors, families, adults and children living with disabilities or suffering from a chronic or terminal illness, helping them live life more independently, in comfort and with dignity.
We are currently seeking a: Clinical Educator (CE)—Nursing & PSW (Full-time 1 year Contract)
Reporting to the Manager, Professional Practice, you will provide leadership and guidance to assist nurses, PSWs, and other clinical/care staff to maintain and enhance their competencies in order to advance practice excellence and client-centeredness in all aspects of care and service delivery. You will work in collaboration with the Professional Practice Specialists (PPS) to plan, develop and facilitate delivery of education and orientation programs, and will contribute to the evaluation of those programs.
You will also work in partnership with the nursing and personal support care team supervisors and coaches to facilitate and provide ongoing support to staff during and after learning of clinical competencies. This will ensure core and enhanced competencies of clinical staff are validated through the implementation of knowledge translation principles at the point-of-care. As the CE, you will act as a role model; set standards for performance; and provide innovative and flexible learning opportunities to support continuous professional development.
You will be responsible to review and contribute to performance evaluations of nurses, PSW and clinical/care support staff as requested including participation in remedial performance plans where there are practice issues or concerns.
KEY SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND BEHAVIOURS REQUIRED FOR THIS POSITION:
- Current registration as a Registered Nurse in good standing with the College of Nurses of Ontario is required
- Undergraduate Degree in Nursing Science/Nursing is essential; with preference given to candidates with a Graduate Degree in Nursing or Education or in the process of completing graduate degree
- Membership with professional association (RNAO or CNA); preference given to candidates with CCHN(C) certification
- 3-5 years progressive experience in nursing—of which 1 year includes experience in clinical education
- Demonstrated understanding of the health care services and delivery processes in the community and home care sector. Home care/community care experience an asset.
- Ability to explain and apply the theoretical, empirical and experiential foundation of nursing/clinical practice, and to develop and disseminate evidence-based knowledge
- Demonstrated ability to use adult learning principles to plan, develop, deliver/ facilitate and evaluate education programs to meet client needs, support evidence-based best practice, and promote a client and family-centred philosophy of care
- Demonstrated ability to provide leadership in education within a coaching/mentoring context
- Demonstrated understanding of project management and leadership skills
- Strong clinical practitioner with an ability to use knowledge-transfer techniques to put research-based knowledge into practice
- Demonstrated critical thinking skills and ability to plan and prioritize in a continuously changing environment
- Superior interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills coupled with strong organizational and self-management skills
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as a member of a collaborative inter-professional team
- Demonstrated ability to achieve personal and organizational performance targets
- Awareness and understanding of all relevant legislation related to practice standards, standards of safety and quality, and employment standards - including human rights legislation
- Demonstrated commitment to modelling lifelong learning and continuous professional growth
- Travel to branch sites needed, as appropriate.
To Apply: If you are interested in this opportunity, please send your letter of interest with your resume to
www.vha.ca by January 19, 2019.
More search results
Complex Care Coordinator
South West Local Health Integration Network
Lead Facilitator for The MOREOB and MOREEX Progra…
Salus Global Corporation
FT Registered Nurse - Resource Float
Riverside Healthcare Facilities
Mental Health Nurse
Ontario Ministry of Community Safety and Correctional Services
Paediatric Intensive Care Nurses
Auckland District Health Board