Registered Nurse - Fertility Services
The Reproductive Care Centre, part of the IntegraMed group of Companies, is a private fertility clinic that provides insight, hope and care for individuals who have concerns about their fertility and overall reproductive health.
Our vision is to become the gloabl leader in fertility through excellence in patient care, and we accomplish this through our shared values of patient focus, accountability, teamwork, innovation, excellence, partnership and integrity.
Our Mississauga clinic is currently looking for a full-time Registered Nurse to provide a wide range of Fertility Services, including cycle monitoring, IVF coordination and working in the Operating Room and recovery.
The Fertility Nurse works collaboratively within the Clinical Operations Department and with the entire practice to provide timely, proficient services for all patients. The Fertility Nurse is the primary contact for patients and is accountable for how a patient’s cycle progresses.
- Counsels, educates, and coordinates patient care with the patient/couple throughout the fertility journey, inlcuding managing patients in all phases of IVF treatment including pre-screening, treatment, and post treatment.
- Coordinates patient treatment plans in conjunction with established clinical protocols.
- Directs and monitors cycling visits including: medication instruction (schedule, dosage and administration), anticipatory guidance, and clarification of physician instructions.
- Communicates physician orders and instructions.
- Communicates laboratory results with appropriate interpretation and explanation.
- Coordinates scheduling of cycles and procedures with patient and appropriate staff (Lab, Operating Room, etc).
- Schedules RET, ET, & FET, and other in-house surgical procedures as needed.
- Responds to patient questions and concerns via phone and email in a timely manner.
- Assures quality care by adhering to therapeutic standards; follows physician practice and nursing division philosophies, as well as standards of care set by the provincial and other governing agency regulations.
- Performs routine patient assessment as needed (height, weight, vital signs, phlebotomy, etc.).
- Assists physicians with procedures and exams as needed.
- Assists with and performs IUI’s
- Documents patient care in EMR
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations, and calling for assistance from other health care support personnel when appropriate.
- Protects patients and employees by adhering to infection-control policies and protocols, medication storage procedures, and controlled substance regulations.
- Ensures operation of equipment by following manufacturer’s instructions. Reports problems or malfunctions to appropriate staff member.
- IV insertion, phlebotomy as necessary
- Accepts resource assignment; assists all staff with information of area assigned.
- Attends meetings as assigned; communicates issues where appropriate.
- Cooperates, interfaces and works independently to assure the program goals are achieved.
- Maintains patient confidence and protects operations by keeping all patient information confidential.
- Current Certificate of Registration, College of Nurses of Ontario
- Minimum of 5 years experience as a Registered Nurse
- Current BCLS and ACLS
- Previous experience in reproductive medicine and or gynecology preferred (or Women’s Health)
- Counselling experience is an asset
- Demonstrates critical thinking , problem solving and decision making
- Excellent computer skills, comfortable with working with an EMR
- Ability to work as part of a multi disciplinary team.
- Ability to communicate accurately and concisely.
- Ability to work independently to manage a caseload of patients.
- Commitment to patient centered care
- Demonstration of good attendance and work performance
- Understands the importance of and maintains privacy & confidentiality
- Comfortable working with the LGBTQI2 community
- Demonstrated ability to respond to emergency situations