Registered Nurse - Interprofessional Resource Team
7 Full Time Vacancies - Must be available to work a patterned schedule – 2 weekdays/2 weeknights, 2-3 pattern. Mostly 12 hour rotations, opportunity for 8 hours occasionally.
6 Part Time Vacancies, 0.5 FTE - Must be available to rotate on all three shifts required, through 8hr and/or 12hr shifts.
$32.66 to $45.94 per hour
25 year rate: $46.76 per hour
Our Interprofessional Resource Team (IRT) provides relief staffing to a wide spectrum of clinical areas including General Medicine (Cardiology, Nephrology, Oncology, Neurology, Respirology), Surgery (Thoracics, Orthopeadics), Mental Health, Emergency Department, Intensive Care Unit, and Paediatrics.
IRT staff are provided with an individualized orientation program to ensure competency to practice in a variety of the above clinical areas. Working with the Patient Care Manager and Advanced Practice Clinical Educator, the IRT nurse will broaden his/her skills and knowledge and enrich his/her critical thinking and problem solving through exposure to a variety of work environments and patient populations.
Based on your previous experience and for each scheduled shift, you will be oriented to one or more of the above clinical areas based on area of need.
In order to branch into certain specialty clusters, the IRT nurse will be expected to participate in ongoing training and learning as well as take relevant courses as required.
- Current registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario required.
- Current BCLS/CPR Certificate required
- Two years of current acute nursing experience required in one of the following areas: Medicine, Surgery, Mental Health, ICU, ED, Paediatrics (Candidates who do not have 2 years of current acute nursing experience may be considered if there are no internal or external qualified candidates).
- Completion of Coronary Care 1 (CC1) or equivalent within six months
- Completion of ACLS within six months for orientation to ED and ICU
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and computer skills
- Ability to work well independently and as a team
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate within an interprofessional team
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Ability to be well organized and adaptable to changing work environments
- Strong patient teaching skills
- Satisfactory attendance record.
WHEN APPLYING, PLEASE INCLUDE THE JOB TITLE IN THE SUBJECT LINE.
If you are interested and qualified for this position, we invite you to send us your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note while we value all applicants only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
More search results
Provincial Health Care Manager
Ministry of the Solicitor General
Labour Relations Officer Professional Practice-Co…
Ontario Nurses' Association
Acute/Emergency Nurse Manager
Geraldton District Hospital
Labour Relations Officer (Professional Practice/L…
Ontario Nurses' Association
Registered Nurse – Certified Diabetes Educator (C…
Regent Park Community Health Centre - 346240