Infection Control Practitioner (TPT)
- Waypoint Centre for Mental Health Care
- $38.17 - $46.25 per hour
- Job Category
- Contract type
Position Title: Infection Control Practitioner Job Class: Infection Control Practitioner
Dept/Program: Quality & Integrated Risk Management Rate of Pay: $38.17 - $46.25 per hour
Employment Type: Temporary part time up to 1 year Employee Group: OPSEU
Posting Date: November 20, 2018
Work Schedule: Part Time as per schedule Number: 1
Posting Type: Open
**Please note: this position provides rotating on-call coverage and works flexible hours when needed (e.g. during active outbreak periods)
The Director, Quality & Integrated Risk Management is currently seeking an Infection Control Practitioner. The purpose of the position is to administer an infection prevention and control program, and to provide health advisory, nursing and preventive health services to patients, staff, volunteers and visitors.
- Developing, delivering and evaluating infection prevention and control education programs;
- Reviewing, and updating, infection prevention and control policies to align with best practices, legislation and reporting requirements; evaluating the effectiveness of aseptic techniques and isolation and control measures; providing infection prevention and control surveillance; arranging and providing education on infection prevention and control
- Maintaining up-to-date outbreak communication manuals
- Monitoring, evaluating and reporting infections and follow-up activities in the electronic incident reporting system and infection prevention and control measures put in place to mitigate the spread of infection at Waypoint
- Recording, analyzing and evaluating facility infection types, rates, numbers and sources; conducting epidemiologic investigations, monitoring, managing and preparing written reports on all infection outbreaks, including issues identified for improvement; identifying risk to patients, staff, volunteers and visitors
- Liaising with and/or reporting infection prevention and control issues to the Simcoe Muskoka District Health Unit or relevant department of Public Health, Ministry of Labour, bargaining agents, health care facilities, laboratories, staff, physicians, volunteers, patients, and visitors to consult and inform about infection control issues or associated risks, including potential communicability
- Analyzing incident data to prepare reports regarding infection trends at Waypoint; and public reporting
- Collaborating with the Occupational Health Nurse with respect to health promotion and disease prevention
- Participating on the Infection Prevention and Control Committee, including supporting the Medical Staff Chairperson to prepare for scheduled meetings
- Participating in accreditation meetings and leading the planning and implementation of infection, prevention and control accreditations standards
- Conducting construction site and renovation site inspections to ensure infection prevention and control standards are upheld
- Current registration in good standing as a Registered Nurse with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing Degree
- Certificate or Certification in Infection Prevention and Control is preferred
- Minimum of five years of nursing experience or three years in a similar infection prevention and control nursing position
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Demonstrated experience with best practices guidelines for infectious disease prevention and control
- Demonstrated experience with health promotion and health education/teaching activities
- Results oriented work ethic to work independently and undertake tasks needed to accomplish work objectives and deliver quality, consistent and timely results
- Demonstrated analytical, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Proven written and verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to adapt readily to change
- Models and promotes core ethical practice, Waypoint Values (Caring, Respect, Accountability, Innovation), and reflects an optimistic and positive attitude
- Preference for proficiency in French/English language skills
How do I apply?
Waypoint employees apply through the Employee Self-Service portal at https://employees.waypointcentre.ca and external applicants apply to http://www.waypointcentre.ca/i_want_to/join_your_team by close of business (5:00 pm) on November 30, 2018 quoting Job ID WC18-296. Attach your cover letter and resume detailing why you are interested in this opportunity and how you meet the qualifications and key accountabilities specified.
We are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible work environment, where all employees feel valued and respected. Waypoint offers accommodation for applicants with disabilities as part of our recruitment process. If you are contacted to arrange an interview or testing, please advise us if you require an accommodation.
All applicants are thanked for their interest in this position, however, due to high volumes only those selected for an interview will be contacted.