Enterostomal Therapist (ET) Nurse
Casual to Part-time position available in:
Oakville/Milton/Halton Hills, ON
Closing the Gap Healthcare Group is proud to be a Canadian owned, award-winning and fully accredited organization with over twenty years of providing high quality healthcare services in community, long term care and clinics across Ontario.
As a member of Closing the Gap Healthcare Group, you will provide services to clients in a community setting,
Caring the way we care for our loved ones, our team of almost 1,500 service professionals deliver care to thousands of clients each day. As a company that is owned and operated by regulated healthcare professionals, we truly make quality our top priority.
The Enterostomal Therapist (ET) Nurse, is responsible for the provision and management of high quality, appropriate and cost effective nursing care to all individuals and/or families. The ET provides care for actual and potential skin integrity client issues related to wound management, ostomy care, and continence related nursing diagnoses.
- Adhering to provincial regulatory body standards and practice guidelines, perform safe, competent evidence based nursing care within his/her scope of practice
- Collaborate with the client, family and other members of the health care team to establish and/or update the care plan
- Assess, plan, implement and evaluate client care with every client encounter and provide clinical advocacy
- Respect client rights, including privacy and confidentiality of client information in accordance with applicable federal and provincial legislation (e.g. PIPEDA)
- Degree or diploma in nursing and;
- Is duly qualified and registered to practice nursing in Ontario; and either,
- (a) holds a certificate for successful completion of an Enterostomal Therapy program from a recognized educational institution; or
- (b) holds a certificate for successful completion of a Wound Ostomy Continence Nurse (“WOCN”) program from a recognized educational institution; or
- (c) has completed 75% of the ET or WOCN certificate and has a minimum of 3 years experience in the community or acute care setting with a focus on wound care.
- Valid Driver’s License and access to a reliable vehicle
- Vulnerable Sector Screen
· Website: www.closingthegap.ca/careers
· Email: email@example.com
Closing the Gap Healthcare Group has a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Please notify us of any particular accommodation measures you might require. Any information you send us will be treated with complete confidence.