Registered Nurses Emergency Department-Permanent Part Time and Casual
Exciting opportunities exist for
Permanent Part Time and Casual REGISTERED NURSES in our
Kemptville District Hospital (KDH) is a 40-bed acute care hospital located in North Grenville, one of the fastest growing municipalities in Eastern Ontario. We provide 24-hour emergency care, inpatient care, inpatient total joint replacement surgery, day surgery, convalescent care, interim long-term care, diagnostic imaging, an ever-growing list of outpatient clinics, and education and wellness programming.
KDH is Accredited with Exemplary Standing, the highest ranking bestowed by Accreditation Canada. Our mission is ‘Building Healthier Communities’; our decision making and behaviours are guided by our core values: patients and families at the centre of coordinated care; an environment of compassion, respect and accountability; quality, safe, efficient, evidence-driven care; and a culture of collaboration, professionalism, and innovation. KDH consistently ranks among the top hospitals in Ontario for both patient and staff satisfaction.
KDH staff demonstrate a deep commitment to Patient and Family Centred Care, based on the principles of dignity and respect, information sharing, participation and collaboration. We provide a work environment that supports these principles by offering ongoing training, opportunities for professional growth and development, a dynamic, progressive environment, and more. We are looking for skilled, talented and dedicated individuals to join our team.
In addition to having a current registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario and excellent communication skills (verbal & written), the successful candidates will possess the following skills and qualifications:
RN (Emergency Department) – Part-time & Casual
- Current BCLS, ACLS & TNCC certificates (or willing to obtain within one year);
- Current ER experience (3–5 yrs preferred);
- Basic Arrhythmia Interpretation course;
- Coronary Care course/ECG interpretation skills;
- CTAS training (preferred);
- Experienced in initiation of IVs and administration of life saving medications;
- Ability to respond to emergency situations; rapidly identifying priorities and complex patient care needs;
- Emergency Nursing certificate (preferred);
- PALS/ENCP certificate (preferred);
- Physical Assessment course (preferred);
- Current membership in a professional association (preferred).
Rotation – 8 & 12 hour shifts (days, evenings, nights, may include weekends and on-call)
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their applications as soon as possible to:
Kemptville District Hospital
P.O. Box 2007
2675 Concession Rd
Kemptville, ON, K0G 1J0
We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.