RN – Maternal/Infant/Child Care
- Prince Edward Family Health Team
- Prince Edward County
- Job Category
- Healthcare Services and Wellness
- Contract type
The Prince Edward Family Health Team (PEFHT) is seeking a Registered Nurse (RN) to join our progressive team serving the residents of Prince Edward County.
The PEFHT provides a single point of access to health care services for County residents. Our interdisciplinary team offers comprehensive patient-centred, primary health care including diagnosis, treatment and management, prevention and cure, rehabilitation, palliative care and community health promotion.
As a member of our multidisciplinary team, this RN leads the Maternal/Infant/Childcare Program, the mission of which is to provide and support excellence in perinatal, infant and family healthcare.
Key responsibilities include providing informed, evidence-based prenatal education and support to every PEFHT expectant client, with emphasis on supporting a healthy mother and baby, on supporting breastfeeding, and on any related aspects of maternal and infant care.
The RN – Maternal/Infant Child Care:
- Provides high quality evidence-based maternal-infant nursing care and education to mothers and families in PEFHT and physician offices, in the community, and in patient homes.
- Assesses patients for bio-psycho-social risk factors and facilitates access to all appropriate supportive services and networks.
- In collaboration with the primary care provider, conducts 18-Month Enhanced Well-Baby Visits.
- Provides ongoing counseling and education to expectant mothers and new parents to enable effective self-care and optimum infant care.
- Designs, develops, implements and evaluates education, care and treatment approaches at a patient and program level.
- Provides group education and information sessions within the community to facilitate and support quality prenatal and infant care, based on principles of adult education.
- Participates in team development by sharing knowledge of current best practices in prenatal and infant care.
- Communicates effectively with healthcare team members to create an effective cohesive team and seamless service to the patient.
- Is guided by the standards and guidelines of the College of Nurses of Ontario and the Registered Nurses Assoc. of Ontario in everyday work.
- RN/BScN with current registration with College of Nurses of Ontario, membership with RNAO;
- Current knowledge of best practices in breastfeeding, including recent completion of 20-hour breastfeeding course;
- Additional specialty certification or training in related areas preferred;
- 3-5 years experience and broad knowledge of all aspects of prenatal and infant care;
- Demonstrated commitment to continuous education and quality improvement initiatives;
- Demonstrated knowledge, skill & expertise in best practice patterns and translating them into clinical practice;
- Excellent verbal and written communication, facilitation and interpersonal skills; experience with teaching and knowledge of adult education principles;
- Knowledge of health care facilities and community health services, social agencies etc.;
- Demonstrated ability to work independently as well as collaboratively within a multidisciplinary team, and within a brisk work setting;
- Proficient with electronic medical records and standard office software;
- Willingness to obtain police record check; and,
- Basic CPR certification and current Ontario Driver's License.
For more information about our team, please see our website at www.pefht.ca.
The position is full-time, however, 2 part-time positions may be considered.
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com. Closing: December 10, 2018.
PEFHT is a HOOPP employer.