Manager – Assertive Community Treatment Team (ACTT)
SUMMARY OF POSITION
As a member of the Leadership Team and working under the general direction of the Director of Community Services and Housing, the Manager plans, directs, audits and evaluates specific client-centred services. The Manager is responsible for service planning, development and evaluation ensuring the most effective use of resources, and that the needs of the clients are being met appropriately. The incumbent is responsible for all client service and administrative operations within the program. Contributing to the overall culture/ environment/milieu of Thresholds Homes and Supports, the incumbent stresses innovative programming, collegial support, cooperation and a sense of community within an integrated services model. The Manager also acts as a link between the Agency leadership and staff at a variety of levels. All activities are carried out in support of the Agency’s mission, vision, values and strategic directions and in accordance with relevant legislation.
- University Degree Nursing (RN) or Master’s Degree in Social work and current unrestricted registration with relevant regulatory college required
- Five years of progressively responsible experience in health care or human services management
- Two years relevant direct service provision with target population, preferably in a not-for-profit community-based environment
- Experience in administration, staff supervision, fiscal management and service development utilizing a participatory management style
- Experience leading a multidisciplinary team, ACTT experience preferred
- Current First Aid/CPR, Crisis Prevention and Intervention and Applied Suicide Intervention Skills training
- Extensive knowledge of mental illness and addiction issues along with demonstrated ability to incorporate the principles of psychosocial rehabilitation, recovery and other best practice principles within a client driven community mental health and addiction system
- Knowledge of various evidence based and culturally competent treatment modalities such stages of change, motivational interviewing, and cognitive behavioural treatment
- Thorough understanding of the impacts of mental health and addiction issues on individuals, family members and other supports and the ability to incorporate community service needs into service provision
- Detailed knowledge of and the ability to interpret legislation relevant to mental health and addiction such as but not limited to Mental Health Act, Substitute Decisions Act, Health Care Consent Act, Personal Health Information Protection Act, etc.
- Ability to manage numerous diverse projects simultaneously through effective priority setting and efficient use of time
- Ability to apply quality and risk management initiatives to promote a culture of client, staff and community safety
- Excellent analytical skills required to monitor and evaluate services, through problem identification, data collection, establishment of facts, drawing conclusions and making recommendations based on an extensive variety of information, both abstract and concrete
- Self-motivated with a demonstrated ability to function effectively in a diversified and dynamic environment and to deal with numerous competing demands in a professional and competent manner
- Demonstrated leadership, coaching, motivation, mentoring, and change management abilities
- Excellent written communication skills and demonstrated ability to develop reports, proposals and policy and procedure
- Proficient in the use of a computerized client record management system, word processing, spreadsheet, presentation, scheduling and communication applications; MS Office preferred
- Willing to travel extensively within the catchment area
- Ability to participate in after-hours on-call rotation Required to provide a valid Ontario Driver’s License and proof of adequate vehicle insurance, along with regular access to a reliable vehicle, if transporting clients
- Required to provide a satisfactory current criminal reference check (CPIC) prior to hire
Qualified applicants should send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by Tuesday November 20, 2018 and include “FT Manager ACTT 18-11-134” in the subject line of your email.
Thresholds Homes and Supports is located at 236 Victoria Street North Unit 2A Kitchener, Ontario N2H 5C8.
Please visit www.thresholdssupports.ca for more information.
Thresholds Homes and Supports is committed to providing accessible employment practices, in compliance with the AODA. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process, applicants are asked to make their needs/requirements known.
More search results
Hamilton Health Sciences (HHS)
Western University (London, Ontario)
Peterborough 360 Degree Nurse Practitioner-Led Clinic
Provincial Nurse Manager
Ontario Ministry of Community Safety and Correctional Services
Manager - Health Protection
Nova Scotia Health Authority