Vice President Community Health and Chief Of Professional Practice
Scarborough Centre for Healthy Communities (SCHC) is dedicated to meeting the diverse, holistic health needs of the people of Scarborough by addressing the physical, mental, social, financial and environmental aspects of their health. Through the promotion of healthy lifestyles and delivery of a comprehensive range of culturally competent health and social services, we cultivate vital and connected communities.
We are currently looking to hire a:
Vice President Community Health and Chief
Of Professional Practice
Chief Executive Officer
The Vice President Community Health and Chief Of Professional Practice works collaboratively with internal Scarborough Centre for Healthy Communities (SCHC) and partner agencies to provide comprehensive, coordinated, primary health care for our community encompassing primary care and illness prevention.
The Vice President Community Health and Chief Of Professional Practice ensures quality services to the clients by promoting the optimal functioning of the Community Health Centre and Diabetes teams while adhering to College Standards, Legislative Requirements and Scarborough Centre for Healthy Communities Policies and Procedures.
As a member of the Senior Leadership team, the position is also responsible for strategic and operational planning that supports the organization’s goals and objectives, and for providing policy recommendations to the Chief Executive Officer.
Key areas of responsibility:
- Primary Care
- Interprofessional Primary Care Team
- Hospice Palliative Care & Bereavement
- Diabetes Education and Management
- Health and Wellness
Scope and Accountability
Community Health Services
- Ensure programs and services are routed in a client and community centered philosophy
- Develop strong connections with health system partners and community partners to ensure the integration of CHC services with the delivery of other health and social services
- Ensure accessibility for people who encounter a diverse range of social, cultural, economic and legal barriers which contribute to the risk of developing health problems
- Ensure programs and services embody organizational philosophies, including the CHC Model of Care and Person and Family Centred Care
- Monitor performance results against established metrics and benchmarks and recommend improvement opportunities
- Makes certain quality assurance and risk management issues are identified and mitigated to ensure quality patient care
Budget and Planning
- Develop, monitor and analyze the financial planning for the basket of services in the portfolio, including variance analysis and forecasting
- Develop, monitor and evaluate the annual operating plans, including goals and objectives
- Makes certain targets and benchmarks are realistic, achievable and on track
Team Development and Staffing
- Provide leadership and supervision to the Director(s), Manager(s), Coordinator(s), Physicians, Nurse Practitioners and administrative staff for the health services team. This includes hiring, managing the orientation, professional development, performance management, providing ongoing coaching, support and feedback
- Ensure the appropriate staffing is in place to meet the needs of Scarborough Centre for Healthy Communities in the areas within the Vice President’s portfolio
- Builds an inter-professional team working in collaborative practice
- Ensure the legislative requirements for professional staff are current
- Participates in the selection, ongoing development, performance management and promotion or dismissal of staff within the department as required and appropriate
Senior Administrative Responsibilities
- Promote the Mission, Vision and Values of Scarborough Centre for Healthy Communities
- Identify and bring forward to the Senior Leadership Team community health issues as appropriate and provides recommendations for action
- Work collaboratively with other members of the Senior Leadership Team to ensure the organization’s vision of an Integrated Service Delivery Model is realized
- As a key member of the team participate in problem-solving, brainstorming and bringing forward proposed solutions to a range of issues both at an operational and strategic level
- Ensures that communication and liaison between the Community Health Team and other areas of the Scarborough Centre for Healthy Communities is clear, open and timely
- Will act as the Scarborough Centre for Healthy Communities Research and Ethics Lead
- Proactively work with community partners and stakeholders to identify and develop external partnerships aligned with SCHC’s mission and strategic priorities
Educational and/or Professional Qualifications:
- Demonstrated knowledge, skills and abilities in health and medical administration either attained from a degree from an accredited university or through an equivalent level of experience
- Masters in Health discipline preferred
- Maintains a valid, current licence in a relevant health profession
Level of Experience
- Minimum of 7-10 years progressive experience in health system leadership
- Related experience in program development and evaluation strongly preferred
Skills and Attributes
- Strong communication, verbal, listening and writing skills
- Strong knowledge of budgeting
- Good assessment and problem solving skills
- Capacity to strongly develop and maintain professional links with other agencies
- Demonstrated experience in quality and performance improvement strategies (e.g. LEAN)
- Experienced in strategic planning
- Strong understanding of a population health approach and the determinants of health
- Sensitivity to and awareness of cultural, racial and socio-economic diversity within the community
Significant Working Conditions
Flexibility of hours – occasional evening or weekend work may be required
Please reply in confidence to HR:
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: Please quote VPCH in the subject line.
Deadline: Candidates are invited to apply no later than by 5:00 pm on Friday, November 23, 2018
All applications must be received by this date for consideration.
We would like to thank all applicants; only those invited to interviews will be contacted.
Scarborough Centre for Healthy Communities is strongly committed to diversity within its community and inclusive workforce that reflects the communities that we serve. SCHC encourages applications from visible minority group members, women, aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities and members of sexual minority groups.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), SCHC will provide accommodation in all parts of the hiring process as required, upon request from applicants.
For more information about our programs and services, please visit our website at www.schcontario.ca.
More search results
Ministry of the Solicitor General
Manager, Mental Health Services
Ministry of the Solicitor General
Hospice Residence, Director of Care
Better Living Health and Community Services
Occupational Health Nurse Coordinator
Humber River Hospital
Occupational Health Nurse
Humber River Hospital