- City of Hamilton
- Job Category
- Contract type
Macassa & Wentworth Lodges – Hamilton, ON
If you’re an experienced Nurse Practitioner with knowledge of primary health care issues, chronic disease management, behavioural health in older adults, and palliative care in a long-term care setting, the City of Hamilton welcomes your expertise and contribution to residents’ care and well-being.
Reporting to the Director of Nursing, you will provide or facilitate resident-centred, primary health care in collaboration with the resident, the family and the interdisciplinary team. As a Nurse Practitioner (NP) for the Macassa and Wentworth Lodges, you will also act as an educator, consultant, leader and advocate to residents and their families as well as to the interdisciplinary team.
Your qualifications as a Nurse Practitioner include:
- Current Registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario as a Registered Nurse in the Extended Class.
- Additional education, experience and/or certification in Gerontological Nursing, an asset.
- Knowledge of primary health care issues, chronic disease management, behavioural health in older adults, and palliative care in long-term care facilities.
- Proven leadership skills, with strong organizational, analytical, conceptual and communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to welcome change and manage it both effectively and innovatively.
- Knowledge of, and familiarity with the use of, computers.
- Knowledge of, and familiarity with, Point Click Care and RAI-MDS, an asset.
- Demonstrated commitment to ongoing learning.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and work effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Note 1: This position requires a valid class "G" driver's licence (proof thereof is required after hire).
- Note 2: This position currently requires the incumbent(s) to use their personal vehicle(s) 3 or more times per week for City business. In accordance with the City policy, parking is provided at this time. Should this job requirement change, parking will only be provided in accordance with the City policy in force at that time.
- Note 3: As a condition of employment, the successful applicant(s) will be required to obtain a satisfactory Criminal Reference Check or Vulnerable Sector Screening, at their own expense, prior to beginning work in this position.
- Note 3: As a condition of employment, the successful applicant(s) will be required to obtain, satisfactory to the City of Hamilton, a Vulnerable Sector (VS) Check or, for those under the age of eighteen (18), a Criminal Record & Judicial Matter (CRJM) Check, at their own expense, prior to beginning work in this position.
This ONA Local 50 Lodges permanent, full-time position offers a wage range of $44.070 to $64.150 per hour, based on a 35-hour work week schedule.
Hamilton. A city of progress.
At the City of Hamilton, our vision is “to be the best place to raise a child and age successfully.” With our rich history, culturally strong and diverse communities, blend of urban and rural attractions, and ideal location in the heart of the Golden Horseshoe, Hamilton is a vibrant community of neighbours. We are also a leading employer, with many opportunities to grow and excel. We invite you to share in our vision as part of the Macassa Lodge in the Healthy & Safe Communities Department.
For full details and to apply
If you are interested in working alongside a dedicated team that’s contributing to the well-being of Hamilton’s residents, please visit www.hamilton.ca/careers for details on this position as a Nurse Practitioner, JOB ID #14606 and to apply online, by Wednesday, November 21, 2018.
The City is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise Human Resources if you require accommodation.
The City of Hamilton values the diversity of our workforce and the knowledge of our people. We thank all who have applied; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.