Clinical Nurse Educator
Department Of Nursing Professional Practice
Perioperative Services:Operating Room, Operative Procedure Room, Endoscopy, Cystoscopy
- As part of the Nursing Professional Practice Department, working with the Perioperative Surgical Program, the purpose of the Clinical Nurse Educator is to identify the need for, develop, implement and evaluate education programs and learning experiences/activities to assist staff to acquire and maintain the knowledge, skills and judgment for safe performance in the delivery of high quality patient and family centred care.
- The Clinical Nurse Educator improves patient care by enabling the nurse to work to the fullest scope of their role by advancing standards of care, fostering and evaluating clinical competence and professional practice.
- The Clinical Nurse Educator works collaboratively with the QCH interprofessional team to enhance patient care by facilitating educational activities and fostering a culture of continuous performance improvement.
- Demonstrate QCH values: accountability, innovation, respect
- Masters in Nursing or Education (or other health related program): Completed or in progress
- Baccalaureate in Nursing
- Certificate of Registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario (CNO)
- Demonstrated effective interpersonal, communication and teaching skills
- Proven facilitation, collaboration and leadership skills
- Minimum of 5 years of recent clinical experience to include 2 years in an adult operating room
- Demonstrated computer competency
- Registered Nurses Association of Ontario (RNAO) Membership
- Minimum of 2 years teaching experience
- Completed Masters in Nursing or Education (or other health related program)
- Minimum of 2 years recent clinical experience in Perioperative Care
- Experience with clinical documentation in an Electronic Health Record
- Leadership, Facilitation and Conflict Resolution Courses
- Canadian Nurses Association (CNA) Certificate in Perioperative Nursing Canada CPN (C)
- Membership in Specialty related Professional Associations (eg. ORNAC, ORORNA)
Please forward your résumé by November 20th, 2018 to:
For more information, visit our website: www.qch.on.ca