Public Health Nurse #23121
Community and Health Services Department
Public Health Branch
Location: Georgina, Ontario. This is a Union position.
Scheduled Weekly Hours: 35; Scheduled Shifts: 0830 - 1630
Temporary Full-Time, Approx. 6 months. Salary $41.52 - $48.66 per hour
Reporting to the Manager, Child and Family Health, is responsible for working with a high degree of autonomy to prevent illness, promote and protect the health of individuals, families and the community throughout the life span, within the parameters outlined by the Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care, Ministry of Children and Youth Services, Health Protection and Promotion Act, Public Health Standards (OPHS) and Protocols and other relevant legislation; working with a variety of clients through individual interactions, telephone, home visits, groups and clinics to conduct screenings, assessments, health teaching and service coordination; developing and facilitating comprehensive strategies, including preconception, prenatal and postnatal parenting education and support, to promote children’s optimal health and well-being and to build capacity of expectant families and families with young children; and developing community development and social marketing strategies in collaboration with community stakeholders.
- Successful completion of a Baccalaureate University Degree in nursing, including public health.
- Current Certificate of Registration as a Registered Nurse from the College of Nurses of Ontario.
- A valid CPR certificate.
- Satisfactory Police Criminal Background Check.
- Valid Ontario Class “G” driver’s licence and reliable vehicle for use on corporate business.
- Knowledge and demonstrated ability in corporate core competencies including communication, innovation, teamwork and collaboration, and personal ownership.
- Ability to work with a variety of clients through individual interactions, by telephone, home visits, within groups and in the clinic setting to conduct screenings, assessments, health teaching and provide sexual health clinic and health promotion services coordination;
- Ability to develop and facilitate comprehensive strategies, including preconception, prenatal and postnatal parenting education and support, to promote children’s optimal health and well being and to build capacity of expectant families and families with young children.
- Knowledge of principles of population health and program planning/evaluation.
- Knowledge of continuous quality improvement, ability to utilize theories and best practices and ability to utilize knowledge translation principles.
- Strong public health nursing skills in community development; ability to develop, implement and evaluate health and/or mental health promotion strategies, both individually and in collaboration with community stakeholders.
- Ability to consult with individuals and groups to make recommendations related to policy development and implementation.
Please apply on-line by clicking HERE by November 20, 2018, quoting competition #23121. We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted via email or by telephone.
More search results
Hamilton Health Sciences (HHS)
Western University (London, Ontario)
Peterborough 360 Degree Nurse Practitioner-Led Clinic
Provincial Nurse Manager
Ontario Ministry of Community Safety and Correctional Services
Manager - Health Protection
Nova Scotia Health Authority