DIRECTOR, HEALTH AND COUNSELLING SERVICES
The Director is responsible for providing the overall strategic leadership and operations management for the Health and Counselling Services department. In this regard, the Director is responsible for developing and maintaining an effective medical and counselling services clinic for the Carleton University community, ensuring quality patient care and overall fiscal responsibility.
The Health and Counselling Services department at Carleton operates as a merged service providing both medical services and counselling services. The Director leads and empowers a team of support and patient care employees and ensures the team is operating in a cohesive and productive manner.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
Along with the required credentials, you are a proven leader who can provide advice on campus mental health and other health related issues, programs and services as well as advocate for a healthy campus community. You enjoy managing staff and leveraging team intelligence to ensure the delivery of quality patient care.
You are capable of quick analysis and decision making under pressure. You are an innovative, resourceful and flexible thinker who is capable of anticipating and responding to health crises and changing community health needs.
THE ROLE REQUIREMENTS
- An undergraduate degree in business or nursing and a Master’s degree in Health Administration or Public Administration. An equivalent combination of education, training and experience will be considered
- Seven years of management experience in a health care environment
- Knowledge and experience with student mental health is an asset
- Experience must include working with unionized employees and independent contractors, as well as working with employees who are registered with regulated colleges in the province (CPSO, CNO, OCWSSW, CRPO, etc.)
THE ROLE ATTRIBUTES
- Evidence of strong cooperative working relationships in the course of performing a demanding role
- The ability to maintains a global perspective while proactively meeting client needs
- Highly effective people leadership and performance management skills
- Proven experience in financial planning and budget administration in a health care environment
- Knowledge of health care remuneration through OHIP, UHIP and private insurance
- Provide administrative and human resource management skills
- Detailed knowledge of healthcare and employment regulations governing patient care and administrative operations
- Advance knowledge and experience with PHIPA, AODA, FIPPA, Human Rights, understanding of how to implement risk management in the health care environment
- Computer proficiency; experience with Electronic Medical Records
- Ability to identify and recognize the need for ongoing professional development for staff to ensure they are current with best practices
- Demonstrated ability to develop and foster collaborative working relationships
- Prior experience working on committees e.g. Sexual Violence Review Committee (SVRC), Student at Risk Evaluation Team (SARET), Student Mental Health Advisory Committee (SMHAC)
- Understanding of, sensitivity to, the diverse attributes and needs of students, faculty and staff
- Excellent communication, analytical and interpersonal skills
THE APPLICATION PROCESS
Candidates should visit the Carleton University Human Resources website to apply for this position: https://carleton.ca/hr/employment-opportunities/staff-opportunities/
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position; however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted. Please note that we do not accept phone or email inquiries in regards to open positions.
ABOUT CARLETON UNIVERSITY
Located in Ottawa Canada, Carleton University is a dynamic and innovative research and teaching institution. It is a community of talented, committed and enthusiastic faculty and staff, dedicated to excellence and to supporting the education and research that distinguishes Carleton as Canada’s Capital University. We know that it is our people that are key to Carleton’s success.
We take pride in our institution and are committed to providing the programs and services that contribute to Carleton University being an employer of choice. http://carleton.ca/about/
For more information about working at Carleton, please visit: https://carleton.ca/hr/perks-of-working-at-carleton/
More search results
Hamilton Health Sciences (HHS)
Western University (London, Ontario)
Peterborough 360 Degree Nurse Practitioner-Led Clinic
Provincial Nurse Manager
Ontario Ministry of Community Safety and Correctional Services
Manager - Health Protection
Nova Scotia Health Authority