Public Health Nurse
Public Health Nurse #23089
Community and Health Services Department
Public Health Branch, Child and Family Health Division
Program Area: Healthy Babies, Healthy Children
Location: Richmond Hill, Ontario. This is a Union position.
Scheduled Weekly Hours: 35
Temporary Full-Time, Approx. 13 months, Salary $41.52 - $48.66 per hour
Reporting to the Manager , Child and Family Health, is responsible for working with a high degree of autonomy to prevent illness, promote and protect the health of individuals, families and the community throughout the life span, within the parameters outlined by the Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care, Ministry of Children and Youth Services, Health Protection and Promotion Act, Public Health Standards (OPHS) and Protocols and other relevant legislation; working with a variety of clients through individual interactions, telephone, home visits, groups and clinics to conduct screenings, assessments, health teaching and service coordination; developing and facilitating comprehensive strategies, including preconception, prenatal and postnatal parenting education and support, to promote children’s optimal health and well-being and to build capacity of expectant families and families with young children; and developing community development and social marketing strategies in collaboration with community stakeholders.
- Successful completion of a Baccalaureate University Degree in nursing, including public health.
- Current Certificate of Registration as a Registered Nurse from the College of Nurses of Ontario.
- A valid CPR certificate.
- Satisfactory Police Criminal Background Check.
- Valid Ontario Class “G” driver’s licence and reliable vehicle for use on corporate business.
- Knowledge and demonstrated ability in corporate core competencies including communication, innovation, teamwork and collaboration, and personal ownership.
- Ability to work with a variety of clients through individual interactions, by telephone, home visits, within groups and in the clinic setting to conduct screenings, assessments, health teaching and provide sexual health clinic and health promotion services coordination;
- Ability to develop and facilitate comprehensive strategies, including preconception, prenatal and postnatal parenting education and support, to promote children’s optimal health and well being and to build capacity of expectant families and families with young children.
- Computer literacy utilizing MS Office Software applications.
- Ability to conduct needs assessments and to plan, implement and evaluate health promotion programs/strategies/activities.
- Ability to facilitate group education sessions, focus groups, and community forums.
- Ability to relate to clients of all ages, backgrounds, gender and sexual orientations, and with varying levels of education and abilities.
- Ability to communicate clearly in written, oral and presentation formats including documentation, reports and letters.
- Ability to travel to off-site locations in a timely and efficient manner, as required.
- Ability to work effectively independently or as part of a team.
- Ability to work outside regular business hours, including weekends and evenings, as required.
More search results
Lakeridge Health Corporation - 226239
Dryden Regional Health Centre
Registered Nurse - Full-time Contract 1 year
North Peel Family Health Team
Prince Edward Family Health Team
Operations Director of Cancer Program, and Mental…
Royal Victoria Regional Health Centre