Position: Associate Manager
This is a permanent, full-time position located in the Toronto Central Region.
Founded in 1925 as the Visiting Homemakers Association, VHA Home HealthCare (VHA) is a not-for-profit, charitable organization that that drives positive change in community support and home health care. We offer 24/7 health care and support services to people of all ages and cultural backgrounds. Our goal is to provide clients with spectacular service when, where and how they want it to support their independence. Our caring team of over 2,700 professionals includes nurses, occupational therapists, physiotherapists, personal support workers, home support workers, cleaners, social workers, dietitians, and speech-language pathologists. We deliver the highest quality client support at home, in the community and in long-term care facilities.
Why work with us?
At VHA, we envision spectacular care for all who need it. We are on a mission to create possibilities for more independence and believe our care must be client-driven focused on what matters most to our clients and their families. Our care is delivered by an innovative skilled team that has tremendous heart.
To ensure an unsurpassed experience for our clients, VHA Home HealthCare is currently redesigning its Client Service team with a new, exciting role… an Associate Manager. Reporting to the Regional Manager, you will have the opportunity to:
- work with a skilled, diverse, inclusive and dedicated Client Services’ team who are passionate about achieving our vision of accessible, quality care for all who need it.
- experience VHA’s commitment to creating a positive and rewarding work environment and an organizational culture of on-going learning and quality improvement.
- work in partnership to support the delivery of high quality, multidisciplinary services (Nursing, Rehab and Personal Support).
- act as a liaison between VHA and funders and partners.
- function as the Regional Manager’s delegate as it relates to regional operations, services, and public relations to ensure that all activities are conducted within the policies, procedures and standards of confidentiality of VHA.
- grow and develop as a professional and leader.
- participate as a member of VHA’s leadership team
- work closely with the Best Practice, Research & Education team to ensure best practice implementation in all aspects of client care and service delivery.
What are we looking for?
- an energetic, motivated, self-starter
- graduate of a recognized university program and a regulated health professional in good standing with your college
- advanced knowledge of service delivery in the Health Care Sector
- a minimum of 3 years of leadership experience
- superior knowledge of clinical service processes and funding and health care issues in the community health care sector
- experience analyzing key quality metrics and implementing quality improvement strategies
- a skill set that includes:
- a demonstrated ability to meet goals and targets
- effective conflict resolution
- strong planning and project management
- the ability to balance competing priorities
- well developed Microsoft Office computer skills
- exceptional interpersonal skills
- access to a vehicle and a valid Ontario driver’s license are essential.
- A Masters degree or the equivalent combination of education and experience
- Ability to speak a second language
The application deadline is Tuesday, December 11, 2018.
Please apply online at www.VHA.ca
VHA Home HealthCare is committed to creating an inclusive and diverse work environment. If you require any accommodation in the application process, please let us know in advance.
Thank you to everyone who applies. We will review applications as they are received. We’ll only be contacting those selected for further discussion.