Clinical Geriatrics Specialist
Think Research solves challenges facing our healthcare system with innovative solutions that deliver evidence-based practices and clinical support tools to front line clinicians. Think Research attracts passionate and innovative individuals that are driven to make a measurable impact. Our multidisciplinary team includes specialists and leaders in IT, clinical quality improvement, and clinical transformation.
The Clinical Research & Development Team invites you to help ensure that all digital tools are aligned with current clinical realities and incorporate leading best practices. Our team includes diverse clinicians and researchers from various backgrounds who work collaboratively to translate clinical knowledge into executable content.
More About the Role...
The Clinical Geriatric Specialist is responsible for researching clinical best practices and translating it into executable content to be deployed electronically for front line clinicians. This role is also involved in new and creative knowledge and technological solutions. The successful candidate will be a flexible professional that has a strong knowledge base from working with seniors in long term care homes, and understands the clinical care priorities and workflows of homes across Ontario.
What Would You be Doing?
- Clinical Authoring: Build and maintain evidence-based clinical tools such as nursing assessments, protocols, clinical pathways, and other decision support documents for front line clinicians.
- Research: Synthesis of medical literature and moving research/evidentiary materials into usable formats for front line clinicians and organization to apply practically.
- Team Support: Collaborate across internal teams including Client Services, Product Management, and Engineering to develop and implement leading-edge EHR solutions and products.
- Continuous quality improvement of clinical content, critically analyzing, incorporating, and organizing client and user feedback.
- Independently manage tasks, including development of assigned products and clinical tools, in alignment with Think Research’s quality standards.
Qualifications and Skills
- Minimum of 3 years’ clinical experience as an RN in a long term care home.
- Experience as a DOC or ADOC for a minimum of 1 year.
- Master’s degree in a related field required.
- Experience and high comfort level in working with EHR’s in long term care homes.
- Strong organizational skills and the proven ability to manage multiple projects, workflows and timelines.
- Experience with using an electronic reference manager to provide appropriate content citations.
- Very strong proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Visio) and Google applications.
- Experience with writing clinical content; including developing front-line tools, clinical protocols, and/or care pathways.
- In-depth knowledge of the health care systems and policies; in particular the application of quality improvement and regulatory/legislative standards that apply to Long Term Care.
- Practical knowledge of patient flow processes and work flow processes in homes.
More search results
Clinical Coordinator (1FT and 2 PT positions avai…
Ontario Medical Association
University of Toronto Mississauga
Manager, Intensive Care and Post Anesthetic Recov…
Nurse Practitioner - full time/permanent
North Peel Family Health Team
Clinical Nurse Specialist – Sexual Health Clinics
The Regional Municipality of York