Joseph Brant Hospital (JBH) is a visionary community hospital demonstrating commitment to strong, successful relationships between its patients, their families and its health care teams. You will have the opportunity to join JBH as it embraces a new vision, a new Strategic Plan, and begins the largest capital redevelopment in its history.
JBH is currently recruiting for a regular part-time COPD Educator to join our Health Care Team. The COPD Educator will report directly to the Director of Emergency, Medicine and Integrated Care Services. He or she will work with as part of the hospital’s COPD Collaborative Project team to provide excellent care to patients with COPD and to help patients transition to home. Part of the role includes making home visits and phone call follow ups. The COPD Educator also facilitates and supports continuous learning, professional development, and service excellence through education coaching and mentoring staff and patients in addition to facilitating appropriate co-ordination of resources to meet identified needs.
Working in an inter-professional, patient centered environment, the ideal candidate will have effective interpersonal and communication skills combined with the ability to work collaboratively within and across professions; a strong ability to implement strategies that effectively facilitate change, and possess a commitment to knowledge transfer strategies to ensure practices are evidence informed. We are interested in professionals who are committed to providing the best care possible for our community.
- Registration in good standing with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Baccalaureate level preparation in Nursing required. Masters in Nursing preferred
- Certified COPD Respiratory Educator
- Formal smoking cessation training (such as TEACH) an asset
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in nursing required
- Current Chronic Disease Self Management experience
- Aware of best practice guidelines as they relate to lung health
- Strong knowledge of cardiopulmonary disorders, including symptoms, treatment alternatives, drug properties and interactions and preventative care measures
- Evidence of strong clinical knowledge and decision making
- Own reliable transportation
- Ability to provide support and leadership to advance evidence based inter-professional patient centered care
- Ability to promote excellence in practice through research, education, and quality initiatives
- Excellent interpersonal, communication skills, organizational and time management skills
- Develop and sustain collaborative relationships both internally and externally within the community and with academic partners
- Position has a flexible schedule
Employees are expected to demonstrate our values of compassion, accountability, respect and excellence; to our patients, families and each other; attend work regularly because regular attendance is critical to maintaining this level of excellence.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested and qualified candidates are encouraged to visit the JBH careers website (http://careers.jbmhnet.com/erecruit/VacancyDetail.aspx?VacancyUID=000000003734) to apply to Job Posting #2938
Closing Date: October 19, 2018
Posting #: 2938
Joseph Brant Hospital is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (‘AODA’). If you require accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources at 905-632-3737 ext. 4129.
More search results
Registered Nurse, Operating Room
Royal Victoria Regional Health Centre
Clinical Educator - Evidence-Based Practice and P…
Runnymede Healthcare Centre - 354108
Manager Nursing, Perioperative Services
Registered Nurse – Operating Room
Hamilton Health Sciences (HHS)