Interim Director, RAI-MDS, Quality and Rehab
Steeves and Rozema Nursing Homes Ltd is currently hiring an Interim Director, RAI-MDS, Quality & Rehab for their Head Office located in Sarnia, Ont.
- Registered Practical Nurse with current certificate of competence with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Education in gerontology preferred
- Minimum of 3 years relevant experience in long-term care
- Minimum of 3 years relevant experience in adult training.
- Detailed knowledge of Point Click Care (database management) and advanced competency in RAI-MDS documentation and optimization
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills – demonstrated facilitation and presentation skills required
- Leadership ability and effective organization skills
- Knowledge of the application of Best Practice Guidelines and experience in Policy & Procedure development
- Strong Computer skills with efficiency in Windows software environment are required
- Must have Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
- Support the RAI Coordinators in 7 Long Term Care Homes to ensure our documentation is reflective of the care we provide and to promote efficient and effective use of technology
- Support Quality Lead Teams and home quality initiatives
- Monitor outcomes of quality indicators monthly, quarterly to look for trends and outliers
- Use CIHI reports and internal indicators to improve quality outcomes
- Assist homes to submit successful quality projects to LHIN or HQO
- Promote good practices and idea sharing in quality among homes
- Assist homes to communicate quality to all team members.
- Maintain the quality manual process and make recommendations to V.P. on potential improvements/changes
- Ensure Risk Management process is effective
- Ensure S&R LTC Homes utilize Point Click Care for maximum effectiveness and efficiency
- Ensure S&R LTC Homes utilize consistent, best practices for Point Click Care and RAI-MDS
- Assess educational needs of homes related to RAI MDS, PCC and quality Improvement
- Implement innovative and evidence based changes to improve resident care and services and act as a resource for nursing policy & procedure development with the Homes.
- Promote awareness of Ministry requirements, professional standards, policies and procedures and quality and risk management programs to all staff.
- Participate in the strategic planning process, the ongoing development of quality and risk management programs and goals and objectives
- Travel to Long Term Care homes
- Act as a resource for special projects
Upon request, accommodation at any time throughout the hiring process is available through the Steeves & Rozema Group’s Human Resources department for applicants with disabilities
Qualified applicants are invited to submit their resume and cover letter to recruitment @srgroup.ca
More search results
Registered Nurse, Operating Room
Royal Victoria Regional Health Centre
Clinical Educator - Evidence-Based Practice and P…
Runnymede Healthcare Centre - 354108
Manager Nursing, Perioperative Services
Registered Nurse – Operating Room
Hamilton Health Sciences (HHS)