Research Coordinator III - Multiple Sclerosis Research
The Multiple Sclerosis Centre at St. Michael’s Hospital has a strong legacy in MS care. It is the largest Multiple Sclerosis Centre in Canada, with approximately 7,000 patients, and is home to internationally renowned MS clinicians and researchers.
The Hospital is in the midst of transforming the existing MS Centre into the world’s leading treatment and research facility for Multiple Sclerosis. The new BARLO MS Centre will occupy the entire top two floors—about 25,000 square feet—of the hospital’s new 17-story Peter Gilgan Patient Care Tower under construction in the heart of downtown Toronto.
The MS Clinic is looking for a motivated applicant for the full-time position of Research Coordinator III. In this role the individual will perform both research-related patient care activities and research:
Duties & Responsibilities:
Research activities may include, but are not limited to:
- Providing intravenous infusion of medication for clinical research trials
- Withdrawal of blood for study related requirements and processing and shipment of serum samples to a centralized laboratory (training provided).
- Assisting neurologists and the Research team in the initiation of new clinical trials, and interpretation and implementation of study protocols. Training of Study Protocols is provided by the sponsor.
- Working with the Principal Investigator(s) to carry out various aspects of research studies.
- Reviewing patient charts to establish eligibility and screening and consenting patients for studies.
- Educating participants as required regarding treatment schedules
- Conducting in-person and phone call interviews with research participants using standardized questionnaires to collect data
- Reviewing of patient lab reports and review results with the treating physician.
- Designing consent forms and revisions, and obtaining consent
- Coordinating Patient study visits, Electronic Data entry and answering queries.
- Preparing Research Ethics Board submissions relative to the initiation and conduct of individual studies.
- Ensuring appropriate regulations are adhered to in the conduct of research e. g GCP. (Training in GCP provided)
- Participate in regular Research Team Meetings
- Occasional travel to Investigator’s Meetings either within or outside of Canada.
- Minimum would be a B.Sc. in a Science related field. A master’s degree would be an asset.
- 3 years in clinical trial research or research coordinator background experience would be an asset.
- Ability to take blood and to give intravenous infusions.
- Outstanding patient interaction skills
- Excellent attention to detail and proven ability to learn new skills.
- Excellent Computer skills or ability to adapt to new technologies.
- Superior organizational skills to manage multiple projects in a timely manner and flexibility to adapt to changing workload.
- Professionalism and self-motivation
- Excellent personal and program time/detail management skills
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
More search results
Registered Nurse, Operating Room
Royal Victoria Regional Health Centre
Clinical Educator - Evidence-Based Practice and P…
Runnymede Healthcare Centre - 354108
Manager Nursing, Perioperative Services
Registered Nurse – Operating Room
Hamilton Health Sciences (HHS)