Patient Care Manager II
We currently have an exciting regular full time opportunity for a dynamic Patient Care Manager II in our Multi Care Kidney Clinic (MCKC) and Home Dialysis.
The Patient Care Manager (PCM) provides leadership for MCKC & Home Dialysis, leading the interprofessional MCKC team towards a common vision, excellence in patient care, and facilitates the achievement of operational and patient focus care objectives. The role includes creating a supportive environment for patients and staff, facilitating staff and inter-professional team development, managing budgets and material resources, and focusing on quality and data management. The PCM leads Ontario Renal Network (ORN) initiatives derived from the ORN Strategic Plan and vision, mission goals and objectives to achieve mandated targets.
The PCM is also accountable for ensuring that care requirements are met, and that patient care issues, problems and concerns identified by patients and their families are addressed.
- A Master’s Degree in Clinical/Health Sciences or Management preferred. Bachelor’s Degree required
- Current College of Nurses of Ontario Certificate of Competence.
- Minimum 4 years Dialysis experience
- Recent relevant management experience
- Demonstrated commitment to excellence and patient focused care, including shared governance and interprofessional care teams
- Demonstrated excellent change management and project management skills
- Demonstrated coaching and empowering style of management
- Demonstrated a commitment to academic excellence and innovation
- Superior leadership, communication, team building and decision making skills
- Ability to manage effectively in a fast-paced, constantly evolving environment
At Sunnybrook, it’s about more than delivering quality patient care, pioneering non-invasive medicine, or exceeding all expectations for customer service excellence. It’s about having the opportunity to be more challenged, more engaged, more fulfilled as a professional and as an individual, recognized for your personal contributions to the future of Sunnybrook and of cutting-edge health care.
As one of Canada’s premier academic health sciences centres, we impact the lives of one million patients every year who count on us when it matters most. And, as one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers, we have a vibrant culture where all members of our team are encouraged to continue to learn and grow, to achieve more, to be more innovative and go the extra mile in their day-to-day encounters with patients, families and each other.
To learn more about Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre, visit us online at www.sunnybrook.ca.
Qualified candidates are invited to apply via https://sunnybrook.ca/employment/position.asp?c=5&id=5498&page=34014
Sunnybrook is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please indicate this in your cover letter.
Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre is strongly committed to inclusion and diversity within its community and welcomes all applicants including but not limited to: visible minorities, all religions and ethnicities, persons with disabilities, LGBTQ persons, and all others who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas.