Advanced Practice Nurse - Nephrology
The Nephrology Program seeks a dynamic Advanced Practice Nurse for a regular full time position at our Bayview campus. The APN will facilitate processes to support excellence in patient-centered practice, based on relevant best practice, conceptual frameworks, research literature and professional standards of practice, legislative requirements, and other scholarly resources. Through a holistic and integrated approach, the APN works with members of the inter-professional team, patients and their families to provide comprehensive care.
The APN, working collaboratively with the Patient Care Manager, APNs, Educators, and members of the inter-professional team, will:
- Plan, coordinate and implement quality improvement initiatives to integrate patient centred care, advance nursing best practices, evaluate quality of care, and support professional development of staff
- Continuously seeks to improve care processes through integration and evaluation of standards
- Contributes to the quality of patient care through the component roles of advanced practitioner, educator, researcher and administration/leadership
- Educate Nephrology Nursing staff on all Nephrology modalities (Hemodialysis and Peritoneal Dialysis) for Acute, In-centre and Home Dialysis
- Utilize innovative approaches to patient care to meet the needs of patients and communities
- Lead the integration and teaching/learning of in-depth nursing knowledge and skill using adult learning principles
- Influence clinical scholarship at the point of care by leading development and exchange of knowledge related to clinical specialty
- Knowledge and experience in both Haemodialysis and Peritoneal Dialysis required.
- Knowledge, skills, and experience in adult education, program design, teaching, group facilitation, team work and conflict management.
- Minimum of five (5) years of relevant nursing experience.
- Current College of Nurses of Ontario Certificate of Competence.
- Master’s degree in Nursing or health-related discipline (completed or in progress).
- National certification in Nephrology from the Canadian Nurses Association preferred.
- Membership in the Registered Nurses’ Association of Ontario, preferred.
- Proficient computer skills.
- A strong desire to promote professional practice and excellence in evidence-based, patient centered care.
- Superior interpersonal, coaching, and leadership skills to facilitate identification and development of staff learning needs.
- Committed to excellence in all aspects of the discipline including professional practice, research and education.
- Self-motivated, able to cope with several projects at one time.
- Flexible with change and able to set priorities and problem-solve.
At Sunnybrook, it’s about more than delivering quality patient care, pioneering non-invasive medicine, or exceeding all expectations for customer service excellence. It’s about having the opportunity to be more challenged, more engaged, more fulfilled as a professional and as an individual, recognized for your personal contributions to the future of Sunnybrook and of cutting-edge health care.
As one of Canada’s premier academic health sciences centres, we impact the lives of one million patients every year who count on us when it matters most. And, as one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers, we have a vibrant culture where all members of our team are encouraged to continue to learn and grow, to achieve more, to be more innovative and go the extra mile in their day-to-day encounters with patients, families and each other.
To learn more about Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre, visit us online at www.sunnybrook.ca.
Qualified candidates are invited to apply via https://sunnybrook.ca/employment/position.asp?c=5&id=5497&page=34014
Sunnybrook is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please indicate this in your cover letter.
Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre is strongly committed to inclusion and diversity within its community and welcomes all applicants including but not limited to: visible minorities, all religions and ethnicities, persons with disabilities, LGBTQ persons, and all others who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas.