Nursing / PSW Supervisor
- Closing the Gap Healthcare
- Muskoka, Ontario
- Job Category
- Healthcare Services and Wellness, Nursing/Healthcare
- Contract type
Location: Muskoka (Huntsville), ON
Closing the Gap Healthcare (CTG) is proud to be a Canadian owned, award-winning, fully accredited and government (Ministry of Health and Long Term Care) funded organization. We Enrich Lives and Change Tomorrow by providing a wide spectrum of unparalleled quality services in the community.
Our team of service healthcare professionals delivers care to thousands of clients each day enabling people to remain in their homes, attend clinics and to close the gap between their healthcare needs and overall well-being, caring the way we care for our loved ones.
- The Nursing/PSW supervisor primary function is to be responsible for the day-to-day management and coordination of the services provided. The functions include but are not limited to: hiring, supervision, performance management and coordination of direct service provider staff, ensuring service delivery contract compliance, marketing and new business development.
The successful Nursing/PSW Supervisor will have:
- Demonstrated ability to effectively prioritize activities including supporting clients and building team morale
- An energetic and enthusiastic attitude and a willingness to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Proven strong communication and interpersonal skills with both internal team members and external business stakeholders
- Holds a Bachelor’s of Science in Nursing and have current registration and in good standing with the college of nurses of Ontario.
- Post graduate studies in Health Administration or Business administration is an asset
- Minimum of 5 years of clinical nursing experience, including medicine, and/or chronic disease prevention & management experience, wound management and infusion therapy with minimum of three years leadership experience, in the home & community sector or primary care
- Post graduate training/certification in skin & wound care (or equivalent) preferred
The role will require:
- Ensuring effective and efficient operation of the branch and delivery of services and establishing a plan to improve the quality of services with the Manager and Director
- Supervising RN, RPN’s and PSW’s
- Completing performance reviews and contract renewals, and follow up when indicated.
- Assisting the Manager in collating and reporting data to customers including analysis and action planning when areas for improvement or non-compliance are identified
- Participating in committees as required e.g. Service Quality, Joint Occupational Health and Safety etc.
- Knowledge of responsibilities under Occupational Health and Safety Act
- Completing client assessment and creating and evaluating plan of cares based on client assessment with the client/family/caregiver.
- Protecting and promoting client rights by acting as their advocate;
- Educating the client and family on health care issues, assistive devices and raising awareness of community services;
- Responding to day to day issues and complex non-routine issues;
- Recruit, hire and orient Nursing and PSW staff
- Support manager with all contractual and business responsibilities
- Other duties as assigned
Supervise and Performance Management Staff
• Promote excellent client care through observation of direct client care at the service address and in accordance with all contract requirements both government and private
• Obtain feedback from the service purchaser, client and family
• Assess the quality of care and provide feedback and performance improvement opportunities for staff
• Monitor compliance of staff to service purchaser contractual obligations, Company policy and procedures, provincial regulations and regulatory body standards
Conduct probationary reviews and regular performance appraisals
• Act as a clinical resource for staff
• Lead regular staff meetings to foster teamwork, address work-related problems and keep staff abreast of new information related to the branch and client care provisions
• Provide/facilitate in-service opportunities for staff to enhance or learn new knowledge and skills
• Participate in educational programs, seminars and conferences to foster professional growth and sharing of acquired knowledge with staff
• Co-ordinate student placements as per policy
• Implement Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI) activities – i.e. chart audits and participate in directing the collection of client care outcome indicators
• Respond to complaints, compliments, and client referral discrepancies and issues and ensure effective resolution as required
• Manage client and employee incident reports: investigation, documentation, follow-up and discipline as appropriate per policy
• Recommend new/revised policies and procedures, as required
• Assist all staff to work in compliance with the provisions of the Occupational Health and Safety Act
• Report promptly employee injury and illnesses in accordance with Occupational Health and Safety Policies and procedures and WSIB/WCB requirements
• participate in the after hours on-call roster
CTG offers flexible hours, a comprehensive compensation package, and a positive culture that provides discipline specific professional support and education.
Accommodation will be provided in all parts of the recruitment and assessment process as required under the CTG Accessibility policy. If you require accommodation to submit an application, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
This position is open to individuals who are eligible to work in Canada, who meet all of the essential requirements stated above.
If you are interested in this position and can demonstrate that you meet the requirements defined in this job description, we invite you to visit our website to apply for this position.
More search results
Registered Nurse, Operating Room
Royal Victoria Regional Health Centre
Clinical Educator - Evidence-Based Practice and P…
Runnymede Healthcare Centre - 354108
Manager Nursing, Perioperative Services
Registered Nurse – Operating Room
Hamilton Health Sciences (HHS)