Registered Nurse & Registered Practical Nurse– Operating Room
- London Health Sciences Centre
- London, Ontario
- $32.21 per hour - $46.11 per hour
- Job Category
- Contract type
Come join the LHSC team – We’re Hiring Registered Nurses and Registered Practical Nurses in our Operating Rooms!
Connect with us today! Please check out all of our career opportunities at: http://www.lhsc.on.ca/Careers/LHSC/index.htm
At London Health Sciences Centre (LHSC), which consists of Victoria Hospital, University Hospital, and the Children’s hospital, nothing is more important to us than our team of dedicated employees. LHSC focuses on creating and maintaining a workplace of choice, where our people are recognized and valued.
London Health Sciences Centre has operating rooms located at two locations Victoria Hospital and University Hospital.
University Hospital Operating Room - provides patient care to the following services: Orthopaedics (Total Joints/Sports Medicine), General Surgery, Urology, Plastics, Liver (Living Related as well as Cadaveric) Transplants, Kidney (Living Related, Laparoscopic Living Related and Cadaveric) Transplants, Cardiac (Coronary Artery Bypass Grafts, Valve Replacement, and Robotic procedures), ENT, Dental, and Neurosurgery (including Aneurysms). The unit is active in education and research, in all discipline levels, in all programs, with emphasis in Anaesthesia, Cardiac, Multi-organ Transplantation, Neurosurgery, Orthopaedics, Sports Medicine, and Robotic Assisted Surgery.
Victoria Hospital Operating Room - The Operating Room (OR) at Victoria Hospital provides patient care to the following services: Vascular, Orthopaedic Trauma, Thoracic (including Thoracic Oncology), General Surgery, Dental, Ophthalmology (Paediatrics), ENT (One-day-care patients to Head and Neck Reconstruction), Plastics, Neurosurgery (Paediatrics/Trauma), Urology, and GYN.
Rate of Pay: $32.21 per hour - $46.11 per hour
- Current Certificate of Registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Community College Operating Room certification
- Current BLS-HCP (C): Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Providers Level C, which includes Automated External Defibrillator
- Recent OR experience, scrub and circulating role
- Completion of Canadian Nurses Association Certification examination in Perioperative Nursing is preferred
- Demonstrated excellent clinical skills and knowledge
- Proficient computer and keyboarding skills including the use of such programs as PowerChart, Outlook and Internet Explorer
- Demonstrated excellent communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated effective organizational skills involving time management and prioritization
- Demonstrated initiative and ability to work both independently and as an effective team member
- Demonmstrated ability to function productively in a very demanding environment with a large patient turnover
- Demonstrates problem solving and critical thinking skills in a variety of situations
- Demonstrated commitment to professional development and self-directed learning
- Demonstrated knowledge of and commitment to the principles of patient and family centred care
- Demonstrated knowledge of and commitment to patient and staff safety at LHSC
- Demonstrated ability to attend work on a regular basis
London Health Sciences Centre fosters a culture of patient and staff safety whereby all employees are guided by LHSC's Mission, Vision, Values and Code of Conduct.
We are committed to providing a safe, healthy and inclusive work environment that inspires respect. LHSC encourages applications from persons with disabilities and we are committed to providing accommodations upon request.
Your interest in this opportunity is appreciated. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Successful candidates, as a condition of job offer, would be required to provide a satisfactory Police Information Check (original document) completed in the last 3 months.
There are so many great reasons to join London Health Sciences Centre. Here are a few of the many great reasons for joining LHSC. We know that once you get to know us better, you'll want to add your own reasons to the list!
- Multiple Professional Growth Opportunities
- A Shared Leadership Model
- A Leading-Edge Environment
- International Acclaim
- On-Site Wellness Centre
Together we care, we learn, we discover.
More search results
Registered Nurse, Operating Room
Royal Victoria Regional Health Centre
Clinical Educator - Evidence-Based Practice and P…
Runnymede Healthcare Centre - 354108
Manager Nursing, Perioperative Services
Registered Nurse – Operating Room
Hamilton Health Sciences (HHS)