Nurse Practitioner (NP)
Creating opportunities for more independence; it’s what people in the community rely on us for and what VHA Home HealthCare (VHA) has offered for over 90 years. With over 2,700 health care professionals serving clients in seven Local Health Integration Networks (LHINs) in the GTA, London, Ottawa and Durham. VHA’s Client & Family Centered Care community based approach provides nursing, rehabilitation, personal support and home support services. Our caring, professional team offers spectacular care to Ontario seniors, families, adults and children living with disabilities or suffering from a chronic or terminal illness, helping them live life more independently, in comfort and with dignity.
We are seeking a: Nurse Practitioner (NP)- House Calls Program
Based at SPRINT Senior Care, a community support service organization in north Toronto, House Calls provides primary and acute health care for housebound seniors living within the catchment area bounded by the Don Valley/Bayview on the east, Bathurst/Oakwood on the west, 401 on the north and south to Queen/Carlton.
Clients have access to a range of supports and services available through the program, such as in-home assessment, intensive case management over the long term, chronic disease management, falls prevention, wellness programming, adult day services and any in-home community support services (e.g. Meals on Wheels and personal care) that may be required. The NP is an active member of this physician-led team that also includes another Nurse Practitioner, a social worker, occupational therapists, physiotherapist, intake coordinator, and 1 full-time and 4 part-time family physicians.
- Provide client and family-centered care independently and in collaboration with other team members
- Demonstrate all of the Advanced Nursing Practice Competencies outlined by the Canadian Nurses Association including clinical practice, research, leadership, consultation and collaboration.
- Conduct health assessment and diagnosis, therapeutic management, and health promotion and prevention of illness and injury.
- Work in collaboration with the medical team in a shared-care model of practice and enable to expand caseloads as well as cross coverage when the physicians are not available.
- Liaise regularly with external health organizations including Sinai Health System—Mount Sinai Hospital and Public Health Ontario.
- Support best practice in seniors’ care, mentoring nurses and other health care providers where appropriate.
- Consult on patient/client care, and providing advice, expertise and consultation services.
- Integral to this position is a complementary professional practice role at VHA ( one half day every 2 weeks)
- And any additional responsibilities as determined by Sprint Primary Care Team.
KEY SKILLS and EXPERIENCE REQUIRED FOR THIS POSITION:
- Currently registered with the CNO as a Registered Nurse in the Extended Class.
- Currently have RNAO or NPAO membership with LAP or equivalent.
- Successfully completed a Primary Health Care Nurse Practitioner Program in Ontario or equivalent and hold a Masters degree in Nursing with a Primary Health Care Nurse Practitioner Program (family all ages).
- Your clinical focus will be in community health nursing practice with recent experience with chronic disease management, geriatric nursing care, and nursing in the community/home care sector where there is an emphasis on collaborative practice within an inter-professional milieu.
- Use of proper body mechanics and successful completion of the Physical Readiness Test to ensure safe work practices are followed, including mobility, transfers, bending, lifting, push and pulling.
- You have demonstrated clinical leadership skills and a commitment to continued participation in research.
- Valid driver’s license and use of a car on the job is required.
To Apply: Please submit a letter of application and resume to www.vha.ca.
VHA Home HealthCare is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
VHA is committed to creating an inclusive and diverse work environment.
If you required an accommodation, let us know in advance.
Accredited with Exemplary Standing by Accreditation Canada
An RNAO Best Practice Spotlight Organization designated and;
A founding member agency of United Way Toronto.
More search results
Registered Nurse, Operating Room
Royal Victoria Regional Health Centre
Clinical Educator - Evidence-Based Practice and P…
Runnymede Healthcare Centre - 354108
Manager Nursing, Perioperative Services
Registered Nurse – Operating Room
Hamilton Health Sciences (HHS)