Registered Nurse Team Leader
- Sundridge, Ontario
- $27.43 - $39.93 + $0.82 - $3.85 per hour
- Job Category
- Contract type
INTERNAL/EXTERNAL POSTING: SEPTEMBER 20, 2018 – OCTOBER 21, 2018
RN TEAM LEADER - COMMUNITY OUTREACH & SUPPORT TEAM (COAST)
Job Status: Permanent
Hours of Work: 35 per week
Base office: Sundridge
Purpose of the Position:
The purpose of the position is to provide clinical supervision, consultation and leadership for the day to day operations of the COAST team which provides Assertive Community Treatment (ACT) and Intensive Case Management services. The COAST Team Leader will also provide high quality direct clinical services that include crisis intervention, assessment, intake and triage on a day to day basis as part of the team. The Team Leader will be part of the team that provides telephone and mobile crisis services to consumers with serious mental illnesses and others experiencing a psychiatric/other crisis.
Please note that the responsibilities of this Team Leader role are currently under review. Additional staffing and program oversight may be integrated in the future, with the support of the Area Program Manager.
Education and Qualifications:
- Current registration, in good standing, as a Registered Nurse with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Minimum qualifications include a Registered Nurse with a Bachelor of Science in Nursing Degree with experience in the area of serious mental illness
- Advanced practical experience with a detailed knowledge of serious mental illness
- Community-based experience in leading consumer-centered assessments, individualized recovery planning and interventions with people who are experiencing serious mental illness
- Clinical consultation and supervision experience of other staff, including case dynamics and documentation
- Knowledge of case management principles, awareness of the ACT model/Standards of Practice and the embodied values and beliefs that coincide with Psychosocial Rehabilitation/Recovery
- Knowledge and awareness of Indigenous culture and language considered an asset
- Strong leadership abilities and a high degree of autonomy, responsibility, self-direction and sound decision-making abilities
- Good conflict resolution skills
- A willingness to serve consumers within the communities of the Districts of Muskoka and Parry Sound
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Outlook Calendaring and consumer information systems
- A valid Ontario G or G2 driver’s license and a safe reliable means of transportation
- Willingness to work days/evenings (including weekends and statutory holidays)
Salary: $27.43 - $39.93 + $0.82 - $3.85 per hour, commensurate with qualifications and experience
(Please note that our salary scale is currently under review).
Benefits: Comprehensive health benefit plan and registered retirement plan with HOOPP
Canadian Mental Health Association, Muskoka-Parry Sound is a scent-free organization
You are invited to submit your application, quoting competition #22-18 by 4:30 p.m. on October 21, 2018, to:
The Hiring Committee
Canadian Mental Health Association, Muskoka-Parry Sound Branch
173-202 Manitoba Street
Telephone: (705) 645-2262 Fax: (705) 645-7473 Email: email@example.com
Canadian Mental Health Association Muskoka – Parry Sound (CMHAMPS) is an equal opportunity employer and we value the importance of diversity, dignity and worth of every individual in the workplace.
Qualified consumers/survivors and/or family members are encouraged to apply.
We retain all applications submitted for one (1) year after the closing date of this posting for consideration in any future postings.
As part of our commitment to Accessibility, if you wish this information in a different format, please contact our office at 705-645-2262 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are contacted regarding a job opportunity, please let us know prior to the interview if you require accommodation.
We thank all applicants but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
More search results
Provincial Health Care Manager
Ministry of the Solicitor General
Labour Relations Officer Professional Practice-Co…
Ontario Nurses' Association
Acute/Emergency Nurse Manager
Geraldton District Hospital
Labour Relations Officer (Professional Practice/L…
Ontario Nurses' Association
Registered Nurse – Certified Diabetes Educator (C…
Regent Park Community Health Centre - 346240