- Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre
- Job Category
- Contract type
We currently have an opportunity for a temporary full-time Registered Nurse in the SunPACT Mental Health Department, located at 2075 Bayview Avenue, Toronto, ON.
At Sunnybrook, it’s about more than delivering quality patient care, pioneering non-invasive medicine, or exceeding all expectations for customer service excellence. It’s about having the opportunity to be more challenged, more engaged, more fulfilled as a professional and as an individual, recognized for your personal contributions to the future of Sunnybrook and of cutting-edge health care.
As one of Canada’s premier academic health sciences centres, we impact the lives of one million patients every year who count on us when it matters most. And, as one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers, we have a vibrant culture where all members of our team are encouraged to continue to learn and grow, to achieve more, to be more innovative and go the extra mile in their day-to-day encounters with patients, families and each other.
As an RN, you will be responsible for providing patient care and case management to clients in the community with severe and persistent mental illness, in accordance with a Patient Focused Care philosophy.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
Your profile for the position of Registered Nurse (RN) will include:
- Current College of Nurses of Ontario registration
- Baccalaureate degree in Nursing (preferred)
- Current BCLS Certificate
- Non-violent Crisis Intervention certification
- Psychiatric Nursing/Mental Health Certification (preferred)
- Previous community mental health and case management experience
- At least two (2) years’ experience working with patients with severe and persistent mental illness
- Ability to work independently, and interdependently within a multidisciplinary team
- Demonstrated effective interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills
- Thorough knowledge of psychotropic medications
- Valid Ontario Driver’s Licence in order to travel extensively within the catchment area
To learn more about Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre, visit us online at www.sunnybrook.ca.
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their resumes and cover letters in one document, quoting 182054, to Human Resources, Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre, via
Sunnybrook is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please indicate this in your cover letter.
More search results
Provincial Health Care Manager
Ministry of the Solicitor General
Labour Relations Officer Professional Practice-Co…
Ontario Nurses' Association
Acute/Emergency Nurse Manager
Geraldton District Hospital
Labour Relations Officer (Professional Practice/L…
Ontario Nurses' Association
Registered Nurse – Certified Diabetes Educator (C…
Regent Park Community Health Centre - 346240