Public Health Nurse #22887
Community and Health Services Department
Public Health Branch, Child and Family Health Division
Program Area: Quality Assurance/KT
Location: Richmond Hill, Ontario. This is a Union position.
Scheduled Weekly Hours: 35
Temporary Full-Time, Approx. 6 months, Salary $41.52 - $48.66 per hour
Reporting to the Manager, Child and Family Health Division, is responsible for working with a high degree of autonomy to prevent illness, promote and protect the health of individuals, families and the community throughout the life span, within the parameters outlined by the Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care, Ministry of Children and Youth Services, Health Protection and Promotion Act, Public Health Standards (OPHS) and Protocols and other relevant legislation; to promote children’s optimal health and well-being and to build capacity of expectant families and families with young children; and developing community development and social marketing strategies in collaboration with community stakeholders providing support through planning, developing, coordinating, implementing and monitoring a full range of activities which support Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI) operational effectiveness and efficiencies; tracking and analyzing trends and making appropriate recommendations that will positively impact operational effectiveness and program delivery.
- Successful completion of a Baccalaureate University Degree in nursing, including public health.
- Current Certificate of Registration as a Registered Nurse from the College of Nurses of Ontario.
- A valid CPR certificate.
- Satisfactory Police Criminal Background Check.
- Valid Ontario Class “G” driver’s licence and reliable vehicle for use on corporate business.
- Knowledge and demonstrated ability in corporate core competencies including communication, innovation, teamwork and collaboration, and personal ownership.
- Ability to work with a variety of clients through individual interactions, by telephone, home visits, within groups and in the clinic setting to conduct screenings, assessments, health teaching and provide sexual health clinic and health promotion services coordination;
- Ability to develop and facilitate comprehensive strategies, including preconception, prenatal and postnatal parenting education and support, to promote children’s optimal health and well-being and to build capacity of expectant families and families with young children.
- Knowledge of principles of population health and program planning/evaluation.
- Knowledge of continuous quality improvement, ability to utilize theories and best practices and ability to utilize knowledge translation principles.
- Strong public health nursing skills in community development; ability to develop, implement and evaluate health and/or mental health promotion strategies, both individually and in collaboration with community stakeholders.
- Ability to consult with individuals and groups to make recommendations related to policy development and implementation.
- Computer literacy utilizing MS Office Software applications.
- Ability to conduct needs assessments and to plan, implement and evaluate health promotion programs/strategies/activities.
- Ability to facilitate group education sessions, focus groups, and community forums.
- Ability to relate to clients of all ages, backgrounds, gender and sexual orientations, and with varying levels of education and abilities.
- Ability to communicate clearly in written, oral and presentation formats including documentation, reports and letters.
- Ability to travel to off-site locations in a timely and efficient manner, as required.
- Ability to work effectively independently or as part of a team.
- Ability to work outside regular business hours, including weekends and evenings, as required.
Please apply on-line by clicking here by September 26, 2018, quoting competition #22887. We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted via email or by telephone.
More search results
Referral Triage Coordinator - Full-time (18 Month…
TRILLIUM GIFT OF LIFE NETWORK - 313235
Clinical Supervisor, Emergency
REGISTERED NURSE Part-Time Permanent Position – …
COVENANT HOUSE TORONTO - 79357
Community Health Nurse / Community Registered Pra…
WIKWEMIKONG HEALTH CENTRE
Ontario Ministry of Community Safety and Correctional Services