Clinical Education - Nursing Clinics and Community Care Program
Clinical Educator Nursing Clinics and Community Care Program
Closing the Gap Healthcare (CTG) is proud to be a Canadian owned, award-winning, fully accredited and government (Ministry of Health and Long Term Care) funded organization. We Enrich Lives and Change Tomorrow by providing a wide spectrum of unparalleled quality services in the community.
Our team of service healthcare professionals delivers care to thousands of clients each day enabling people to remain in their homes, attend clinics and to close the gap between their healthcare needs and overall well-being, caring the way we care for our loved ones.
As a member of the Nursing Clinic leadership team reporting to the Director of Client Services, you will provide clinical leadership and expertise for Registered Nurses (RNs) and Registered Practical Nurses (RPNs) practice using a coaching, mentoring, and quality improvement approach. The key responsibilities of this role include:, education and competency assessment, orientation and onboarding of new staff, coaching visits , and quality improvement activities. This clinical and professional practice leadership role supports Client Services to ensure that patient-centered, quality, and safe care is delivered. Demonstrated ability to effectively prioritize activities including supporting clients and building team morale with ability to work independently and manage priorities under pressure.
- An energetic and enthusiastic attitude and a willingness to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Proven strong communication and interpersonal skills with both internal team members and external business stakeholders
- Bachelor’s of Nursing (BN/BScN) degree and current registration in good standing with the College and Nurses of Ontario
- Minimum of 7 years of clinical nursing experience, including medicine, and/or chronic disease prevention & management experience, wound management and infusion therapy with minimum of three years recent experience in the home & community sector or primary care
- Post graduate training/certification in clinical specialty areas (e.g. CNA certification, CVAA (C), NSWOCN) preferred
- Ability to be empathetic and compassionate while maintaining professional protocol
- Minimum of two years adult education experience preferred
- Membership with RNAO preferred
- Additional education/training in principles of adult learning and/or coaching preferred
- Demonstrated commitment to ongoing professional development.
- Ensuring effective and efficient orientation of new employees & completion of on-boarding
- Complete staff qualification and annual certifications as per company policy
- Educate, assess, develop, and maintain clinical skills and competencies for individual nurses and ensure appropriate skill mix for service delivery.
- Assist in performance management and follow up when indicated.
- Assist Director of Client Services in the development & execution of staff annual training and educational programs including analysis and evaluation
- Participate in knowledge transfer activities that support the introduction and utilization of clinical knowledge tools and evidence-informed practices.
- Participating in branch committees as required e.g. Professional Practice, Service Quality, etc.
- Other duties as assigned
CTG offers flexible hours, a comprehensive compensation package, and a positive culture that provides discipline specific professional support and education.
Accommodation will be provided in all parts of the recruitment and assessment process as required under the CTG Accessibility policy. If you require accommodation to submit an application, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
This position is open to individuals who are eligible to work in Canada, who meet all of the essential requirements stated above.
If you are interested in this position and can demonstrate that you meet the requirements defined in this job description, we invite you to visit our website to apply for this position.
More search results
Quality Improvement Specialist
Registered Nurses' Association of Ontario (RNAO)
CLINICAL NURSE SPECIALIST, GERIATRICS
Ontario Shores Centre for Mental Health Sciences - 357192
Registered Nurse - East Coast Forensic Hospital -…
Nova Scotia Health Authority (NSHA)
Senior Strategic Sourcer
Mount Sinai Hospital
Ministry of Community Safety and Correctional Services