For more than 25 years, the London InterCommunity Health Centre has provided health and social services to those who experience barriers to care including poverty, homelessness, language or culture, and complex and/or chronic health conditions including mental health and addictions. Today the organization is viewed as a community leader in newcomer health, care of vulnerable women, issues of health equity, client-led service development and the advancement of partnerships that improve access to vital services for the community’s most vulnerable.
Working to a full scope of practice, the RN - Foot Care will provide comprehensive foot care. This includes analysis of health behaviours related to lifestyle and culture, review of client’s medical history, foot assessments, and in collaboration with the client, development and implementation of foot care plans
The RN also functions and participates in the development, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of programs, services and quality improvement initiatives for the communities served. . The RN works as a member of a multi-disciplinary team supported by physicians, nurse practitioners, dietitians, social workers, community development workers, and support staff. The successful candidate will act with professionalism and courtesy toward clients, the public and colleagues and will demonstrate knowledge and valuing of the clients’ life situation.
- Post secondary diploma (RN) or degree (BScN) from a recognized college or university;
- Current registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario;
- Foot Care Certification (Advanced Foot Care Course) preferred;
- Minimum 2 years’ of nursing experience in foot care is an asset;
- Awareness of and understanding of the social determinants of health and health promotion;
- Ability to work with diverse communities with respect, sensitivity, creativity, innovation, cultural understanding, non-judgement and facilitation skills; cross-cultural work is an asset;
- Co-ordinate and ensure all supplies and related equipment are secured, properly set up and fully operational;
- Ensure proper sterilization/cleanliness after each foot care treatment;
- Educate on foot care-related topics to clients;
- Conduct initial assessment or reassessment for clients, and develop individualized foot care plans;
- Perform routine nail care and foot care duties, such as cutting, trimming, filing; and removing ingrown nails, calluses, corns and fungus;
- Assess clients’ feet for signs of swelling, infections and ulcers during each treatment, implement practices for proper management, and report to NP or family doctor inside or outside of the LIHC;
- Manage and conduct all aspects of foot care visits in clients' home according to the established highest quality care standards of practice for some of our clients as needed;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; Multilingualism (French, Arabic, Kurdish, Swahili, Spanish) an asset;
- Ability to maintain complete and accurate records in accordance with the Health Centre’s policies;
- Strong computer skills, including the use of MS Office Products and Electronic Medical Records (Nightingale onDemand currently in use).
Our Work/Life Balance Approach:
This full time position offers a competitive salary, complimented with membership in the Healthcare of Ontario Pension Plan (HOOPP) as well as paid vacation and professional development time. To promote time to recharge, our normal work week is 37.5 hours, Monday to Friday, evening flexibility is required. Paid sick and emergency days are available to all staff for self and family care.
A dress atmosphere best described as “casually professional”, a recognized Positive Space for staff and community and a commitment to hiring staff that reflect the diversity of our clients and community we serve demonstrate we are an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply for this position by forwarding a covering letter, stating the position title in your covering letter, and resume by Friday September 28th at 4:00pm to the attention of Adriana Diaz.
Mail: London InterCommunity Health Centre, 659 Dundas Street, London, Ontario, N5W 2Z1
Fax: (519) 642-1532
The Health Centre is committed to hiring staff that reflect the diversity of the clients and community that we serve.
Should you require accommodation in making an application please contact our office. We thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected will be contacted.
To learn more about the Health Centre visit us online at www.lihc.on.ca, follow us on Twitter @HealthCentre or like us on Facebook – London InterCommunity Health Centre.
More search results
Referral Triage Coordinator - Full-time (18 Month…
TRILLIUM GIFT OF LIFE NETWORK - 313235
Clinical Supervisor, Emergency
REGISTERED NURSE Part-Time Permanent Position – …
COVENANT HOUSE TORONTO - 79357
Community Health Nurse / Community Registered Pra…
WIKWEMIKONG HEALTH CENTRE
Ontario Ministry of Community Safety and Correctional Services