Manager: Operating Room, Surgical Booking and Medical Device Reprocessing
- Interior Health Authority
- Job Category
- Healthcare Services and Wellness, Nursing/Healthcare
- Contract type
We have an exciting opportunity for a Manager in Kamloops, BC. The successful applicant will be involved in the development of our new patient care tower, so project management experience will be an asset.
The Manager is accountable for ensuring excellence in the provision of patient-centered care within defined clinical areas. The Manager is responsible for providing leadership and direction for the operations, management, utilization, risk management, and quality improvement within the portfolio. The successful applicant will apply management theory and concepts to leading, staffing, monitoring, evaluating, and data-gathering including the development of relevant outcome measures pertinent to the clinical areas. The Manager is accountable for efficient, effective utilization of approved physical, financial, and human resources; for guiding and coordinating activities of the areas in accordance with professional standards; and for supporting the goals and strategic direction of Interior Health (IH).
Please note this position has call attached. There will be some travel expected.
Education, Training, and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing; Master’s Degree in a health-related field preferred.
- A minimum of seven to ten years of recent, related acute care experience with three years in a management/administrative position.
- Current practicing membership with the College of Registered Nurses of British Columbia.
- Interior Health Emotional Intelligence Competencies
Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrated ability to guide individuals and groups while maintaining group cohesion, motivation, commitment, and effectiveness.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively introduce and manage change that is consistent with the vision, purpose, and operating principles of IH.
- Demonstrated ability to plan, develop, implement, manage, and evaluate programs.
- Excellent negotiation skills to relate effectively with clients, medical staff, and members of the interdisciplinary team.
- Defines own continuing education needs and maintains competency through reading literature, management workshops, seminars, and available educational offerings.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
More search results
Referral Triage Coordinator - Full-time (18 Month…
TRILLIUM GIFT OF LIFE NETWORK - 313235
Clinical Supervisor, Emergency
REGISTERED NURSE Part-Time Permanent Position – …
COVENANT HOUSE TORONTO - 79357
Community Health Nurse / Community Registered Pra…
WIKWEMIKONG HEALTH CENTRE
Ontario Ministry of Community Safety and Correctional Services