We are looking to hire a Registered Nurse on a full time, contract basis (one-year contract, approximately).
- Acting as the Registered Nurse for individuals as assigned.
- Providing health teaching and resource material to direct care staff regarding the management of specific diseases and conditions.
- Interpreting the physician’s orders to direct care staff.
- Teaching new techniques, procedures, treatments and skills related to the health needs of the clients.
- Administering treatments and performing procedures that require nursing skills, such as prescribed injections, blood pressure.
- Completing nursing assessments, progress reports and health care plans in accordance with individuals’ health needs.
- Liaising with hospital staff when individuals are admitted on a short-term basis.
- Responding to medical emergencies as required and providing appropriate follow-up
- Monitoring drug therapy in accordance with the physician’s orders and agency policy.
- Maintaining appropriate documentation for individuals assigned.
- Performing delegated medical acts sanctioned by the Ontario College of Nurses.
- Other duties as assigned.
- B. Sc. in Nursing or equivalency, with registration as a Nurse in Ontario.
- Current CPR certificate.
- Proven experience providing professional nursing services to individuals with developmental disabilities including Autism and/or mental health disorders.
- Knowledge of preventative health care and management of psychiatric and behavioural issues.
- Demonstrated ability to work as a member of a clinical team.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office including Word and Excel.
- Very good oral and written communication skills.
- Valid Ontario G Class Driver’s License and a vehicle for conducting visits and other related activities.
More search results
Referral Triage Coordinator - Full-time (18 Month…
TRILLIUM GIFT OF LIFE NETWORK - 313235
Clinical Supervisor, Emergency
REGISTERED NURSE Part-Time Permanent Position – …
COVENANT HOUSE TORONTO - 79357
Community Health Nurse / Community Registered Pra…
WIKWEMIKONG HEALTH CENTRE
Ontario Ministry of Community Safety and Correctional Services