Public Health Nurse
- York Region
- $41.52 - $48.66 per hour
- Job Category
- Contract type
Public Health Nurse #22746
Community and Health Services Department
Public Health Branch, Healthy Living Division
Program Area: Continuous Quality Improvement
Location: Newmarket, Ontario. This is a Union position.
Scheduled Weekly Hours: 35
Temporary Full-Time, Approx. 24 months, Salary $41.52 - $48.66 per hour
Reporting to the Manager, Epidemiology & Research, Healthy Equity and CQI, is responsible for working with a high degree of autonomy to prevent illness, promote and protect the health of individuals, families and the community throughout the life span, within the parameters outlined by the Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care, Ministry of Children and Youth Services, Health Protection and Promotion Act, Public Health Standards (OPHS) and Protocols and other relevant legislation; providing support through planning, developing, coordinating, implementing and monitoring a full range of activities which support Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI) operational effectiveness and efficiencies; tracking and analyzing trends and making appropriate recommendations that will positively impact operational effectiveness and program delivery.
- Successful completion of a Baccalaureate University Degree in nursing, including public health.
- Current Certificate of Registration as a Registered Nurse from the College of Nurses of Ontario.
- A valid CPR certificate.
- Satisfactory Police Criminal Background Check.
- Valid Ontario Class “G” driver’s licence and reliable vehicle for use on corporate business.
- Knowledge and demonstrated ability in corporate core competencies including communication, innovation, teamwork and collaboration, and personal ownership.
- Knowledge of population health, social determinants of health, resiliency and the ability to utilize current theories and best practices to develop effective health promotion strategies in the specific program area.
- Knowledge of and ability to utilize social media and marketing to raise awareness and affect behaviour change.
Please apply on-line by clicking here by August 22, 2018, quoting competition #22746. We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted via email or by telephone. For additional information on The Regional Municipality of York, please visit the above-mentioned website.