Manager, Early Years
The Middlesex London Health Unit (MLHU) has an exciting opportunity for a Manager, Early Years within the Healthy Start Division. Reporting to the Director, Healthy Start and working closely within a strong leadership team, the Manager will provide leadership to the Early Years program team. This team of Public Health Nurses and Program Assistants work to improve the health and developmental outcomes for children and provide a comprehensive range of public health programs and services designed to address the physical, emotional, developmental and social growth of children from birth to school entry. Multi-strategy approaches are implemented that include; direct client service, social marketing, partnership and collaboration, and education and skill building for families and caregivers in London and Middlesex County. The Manager will provide nursing practice leadership, and be responsible for effective and efficient delivery of evidence-informed Early Years programs that promote health as a resource for life. This position works closely with the other Healthy Start managers.
The successful candidate will use their experience and skills to:
- Contribute to the realization of MLHU’s vision and mission, and the living out of MLHU’s values;
- Support the implementation of MLHU’s current strategic plan;
- Ensure adherence to Ontario Public Health Standards: Requirements for Programs, Services, and Accountability;
- Ensure use of comprehensive population health promotion strategies to promote health as a resource for life
- Engage in program planning, implementation, evaluation and evidence-informed decision-making;
- Act as a mentor and resource for staff;
- Work collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders;
- Manage budgets; and
- Oversee continuous quality improvement and risk management.
- BScN Degree with current College of Nurses of Ontario (CNO) license as a Registered Nurse and a Master’s degree in a health or related discipline required.
- A minimum of 5 years of public health nursing experience is preferred.
- A minimum of 3 years’ direct people management experience in the last 5 years, specifically in a unionized environment and with continuous learning focused on the development of management competencies.
- Demonstrated knowledge, skills, and attributes as outlined in the Community Health Nurses of Canada’s Public Health Nursing Discipline Specific Competencies document, at a level consistent with a manager or leader role.
- Demonstrated experience in implementation of comprehensive population health promotion strategies, program and strategic planning, budgeting, project management, engagement and relationship building with partners and stakeholders, and policy advocacy.
- Well-developed communication, interpersonal, problem solving, and organizational skills commensurate with the expectations of a management position on a multidisciplinary team.
- Understanding of and experience in addressing health inequities.
- Experience and expertise in the area of maternal and child health is preferred.
- Ability to communicate in French or any other languages would be considered an asset.
The Health Unit offers a competitive salary and attractive benefits package. Please see www.healthunit.com for further information about our programs and services.
To apply to this position, please submit all applications electronically via our Career Opportunities page at www.healthunit.com by August 12, 2018 quoting posting # MGREY-0618.
Information concerning applicants is collected under the authority of the Health Protection & Promotion Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. H-7, as amended, and will be used to consider suitability for employment. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. The Health Unit is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Accommodations are available, upon request, to support potential applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. Should you require accommodation, please contact our Human Resources Department at 519-663-5317, extension 2512 or at email@example.com.
More search results
Hamilton Health Sciences (HHS)
Western University (London, Ontario)
Peterborough 360 Degree Nurse Practitioner-Led Clinic
Provincial Nurse Manager
Ontario Ministry of Community Safety and Correctional Services
Manager - Health Protection
Nova Scotia Health Authority