Nurse Manager, Health Services Centre
Position Title: Nurse Manager, Health Services Centre
THE RIDLEY DIFFERENCE
Founded in 1889, Ridley College is a co-educational boarding and day school with over 700 students in JK to grade 12 from more than 50 countries worldwide. The Ridley experience integrates a traditional liberal arts education with individual learning enhanced by the principles of positive psychology, the International Baccalaureate continuum program, a learner-driven culture and campus community, exceptional athletics and dynamic arts programs, and a commitment of service to others. This unique combination prepares meaningful and flourishing lives by teaching the habits of mind, body and spirit, and the values needed to lead in a global society.
Ridley College is located on 90 acres in St. Catharines, Ontario in the heart of the Niagara Peninsula and is comprised of a stunning blend of century old buildings housing modernized technology.
Ridley offers the prospect of being part of a high-performance team in a nourishing workplace community that encourages collaboration, innovation, inclusivity and curious minds, and where grit and perseverance are assets. Joining the team at Ridley means you are committed to life-long learning and development, have integrity, and value being of service in a richly diverse community. We cultivate the full potential in each of our students by having a caring, committed and world-class team. Attracting, developing and retaining people who thrive in Ridley’s positive education culture that recognizes and celebrates individual strengths is critical to our success.
- Ridley College currently has an exciting leadership opportunity for a Nurse-Manager to oversee our Health Services Centre.
- The Nurse-Manager provides creative leadership to the Health Services Centre in the realization of Ridley College’s mission, vision and strategic imperatives as set out in the school’s strategic plan.
- The Nurse-Manager is responsible for the management and administration of the Health Services Centre’s operations, including the creation, implementation and monitoring of policies, budgets, records, and clinical programs and services, as well the development and accountability of staff, in accordance with the requirements of Ridley College, applicable legislation, and nurse practice standards as outlined by the College of Nurse of Ontario and related professional associations.
- Working to promote nursing excellence, quality patient/client-centred care and high professional standards, the Nurse-Manager is responsible for directly conducting and/or overseeing staff in the assessment, nursing diagnosis, care plan development, implementation, and evaluation of nursing care for the Health Services Centre.
- Beyond the Health Services Centre, the Nurse-Manager is a strong and visible presence in the school community by serving as the primary healthcare resource to various constituent groups including parents, faculty, staff and student on a variety of matters. As well, the Nurse-Manager establishes and sustains collaborative relationships as a member of the Student Success Team. To ensure a student-centric experience. The Nurse-Manager also serves as the Health Services Centre representative in the outside community and works to build collaborative networks and partnerships with external organizations to provide exceptional healthcare to the Ridley community.
- Minimum of a Bachelor of Nursing degree from an accredited University in Ontario.
- Current registration (General Class) with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- CPR and AED certified.
Knowledge & Experience
- Minimum of 10 years full-time clinical nursing experience. Experience in mental health is an asset.
- Minimum 5 years management experience in a primary care clinic, emergency or pediatric hospital and/or Public Health school nursing setting.
- Track record of successful performance in the development, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of health care policies, programs and services, and fiscal management.
- Sound people management practices that serve to motivate staff and provide an inclusive workplace along with the ability to apply leadership skills by providing, facilitating and promoting quality patient care.
- Demonstrated knowledge of applicable legislation.
- Demonstrated knowledge and skill in primary assessment.
- Demonstrated ability to develop an integrated plan of care.
- Ability to integrate reflection, critical thinking, education and relevant practical experience in problem solving.
- Demonstrated commitment to patient education and the ability to promote health and wellness.
- Track record of applying knowledge, skills, judgment and competencies required for safe, independent and inter-disciplinary practice by meeting nursing practice standards as outlined by the College of Nurses of Ontario.
- Proficiency working with computers and previous experience working with an electronic medical record system.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively and collaboratively in a multi-disciplinary team environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills with an open communication style.
- Demonstrated ability to take ‘creative’ risk and incorporate critical thinking to make timely decisions in an ever-evolving healthcare landscape that is applied in an independent school setting.
- Demonstrated ability to lead by example in providing a positive, respectful, compassionate, and professional environment.
- Passion for, and ability to connect with, adolescents.
- Demonstrated commitment to ongoing professional development.
Ridley College offers a positive and inclusive workplace community with a competitive compensation package; innovative, challenging and rewarding opportunities; a learning environment that promotes professional development and personal growth; active community involvement; and, a beautiful campus setting in the heart of Niagara that engages and inspires our employees to flourish.
HOW TO APPLY
Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply through:
Please complete our online assessment with your application:
Deadline for applications is: August 30, 2018
As a condition of employment, a satisfactory Vulnerable Persons Screening Report must be provided. While all applicants are thanked for their interest, only those chosen for interviews will be contacted.
Ridley College is committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible and equitable environment where everyone feels respected, valued and supported. Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you are selected to participate in the recruitment process, please inform Human Resources of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used in order to ensure your equal participation.
“We inspire flourishing lives to transform our globe.”
More search results
Hamilton Health Sciences (HHS)
Western University (London, Ontario)
Peterborough 360 Degree Nurse Practitioner-Led Clinic
Provincial Nurse Manager
Ontario Ministry of Community Safety and Correctional Services
Manager - Health Protection
Nova Scotia Health Authority