JOB TITLE: Quality Improvement Specialist
The primary function of the Quality Improvement Specialist is to ensure that indicator data collected and processed by the Nursing Quality Indicators for Research and Evaluation (NQuIRE®) data system meets informational and quality standards. The Quality Improvement Specialist will lead the investigation into and resolution of data quality issues and contribute to ensuring that NQuIRE® reports are based on the highest quality information for the Registered Nurses' Association of Ontario.
- Collaborate and contribute to ensuring that guideline implementation and monitoring activities are informed by high quality evaluation data, thereby enhancing the evidence-based culture of nursing practice and promoting nursing excellence.
- Routinely assess, monitor and track the accuracy, quality and integrity of NQuIRE® data through audit and observation of data collection, entry and processing methods for Best Practice Spotlight Organizations®.
- Robust knowledge and application of Donabedian Model to inform and support data quality and measurement activities.
- Recommend enhancements to data collection and data entry processes to improve and ensure data quality.
- Ensure that NQuIRE® reports are based on the highest quality information and recommend enhancements to data collection and data entry processes to improve and ensure data quality including timeliness.
- Conduct data validation and cleaning based on the RNAO Data Quality Framework.
- Identify and execute optimal approaches for resolving data quality issues.
- Ensure data quality needs are evaluated and validated when data collection enhancements are developed by collecting input from end users.
- Apply statistical concepts in evaluating performance metrics/indicators and make recommendations, and contribute to various RNAO departments and research projects using statistical methods.
- Work collaboratively with senior management, researchers, the evaluation team, project coordinators and IT data base/web developers and other staff as required, using strategic and tactical approaches to develop, implement, and maintain data base functionality and enhancements.
- Act as a primary resource and train other staff and stakeholders on data quality issues and approaches related to data collection, entry and processing, and champion a culture of data quality.
- Perform supporting activities for the interpretation and presentation of evaluative information through compilation, statistical analysis and reporting of indicator data.
- Produce work updates, status reports and presentations for staff and stakeholders as required.
- Assist with drafting and preparing abstracts and manuscripts for presentation and publication, or as otherwise intended by the NQuIRE® team.
- Travel is required to conduct site visits.
- Work with team members to prepare, analyze and interpret statistical and trending reports including the State of Nursing reports, and other comparative reports.
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE AND SKILL:
- Registered Nurse in good standing with Colleges of Nurses of Ontario.
- Master’s degree completed, or equivalent combination of preparation and experience.
- Five years experience preferred. Specialization in: statistics or operational research, mathematics, epidemiology, (health) economics, or health research methodology (HRM).
- Two or more years involvement in quality management/performance improvement or statistical analysis, or an equivalent combination.
- Knowledge of statistical methods and theory. This qualification may include but is not limited to knowledge of probability theory, mathematical statistics, data analysis, sampling theory and survey/ data system/ database methodology.
- Ability to identify methodological problems associated with survey data systems and database development or data analysis.
- Ability to identify other data repositories to assess alignment of NQuIRE® indicators.
- Ability to resolve statistical and methodological problems and apply statistical methods to practical problems associated with survey development or data analysis.
- Knowledge and/or experience using GRADE framework an asset.
- Proficiency in statistical data analysis (programming) and data mining packages SAS, SPSS, R, STATA, Excel, etc preferably with large health data sets.
- Must have some experience in statistical analysis and interpretations (from data context) including trend analysis, correlations, regressions, etc.
- Excellent technical skills including but not limited to the knowledge of information audit processes, Clinical Information / Management Systems, MS-Office products.
- Strong interest or experience in nursing best practice guideline monitoring and evaluation.
- Superior organizational skills and self-directed work ethic to effectively manage multiple priorities.
- Innovating, flexible and adaptive in responding to new projects and priorities as they arise.
- Excellent analytical skills and detail-orientation.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills to deal effectively with staff and stakeholders, synthesize and present information, and provide program support.
- Dexterity required to operate a computer, telephone, and other office equipment.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing in English (second language of French, Spanish or Mandarin are assets).
- Required to travel to official sites for observation and assessment of data collection, including possibility of overnight stays (travel reimbursement will be provided).
- Workflow requires continuous re-prioritizing of workload, meeting multiple demands, and working overtime as required.
- Continuous concentration is required to read, screen, and appraise a large volume of information daily, prepare data tables and summary reports, and to consult as appropriate.
- Sight, touch and hearing are used to read, proofread, write, and analyze information and to answer enquiries.
- Sitting is required frequently in the job for more than 2 hours at a time to read and write information, work on the computer, answer the telephone, and attend meetings.
- Works in a climate-controlled office with some exposure to distractions, interruptions and stress from multiple demands.
- Typical conditions are such that no risk or injury is present.
If you are interested in this role, please send a Cover Letter and Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating the job title in subject line. We thank all applicants and qualified candidates will be contacted. Thank you.
More search results
Lakeridge Health Corporation - 226239
Health Care Facilitator
Central West Specialized Developmental Services
Central West Specialized Developmental Services
Bilingual Registered Practical Nurse
Carlington Community Health Centre
Registered Nurse/Lactation Co-ordinator
Sinai Health System